text going to wrong person
cazador481

About 50% of my sms/mms messages to one of my contacts is going to the wrong number.  My phone shows the correct number that it is going to, but other people on the conversation has a different number that the message goes too.  And the person that I am writting does not recieve the messages.  I have had this problem accross to different phones, and different apps.  But this only happens with a single contact.  Please help

0 Likes
Re: text going to wrong person
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh no, I can only imagine how confusing it is to learn that your texts are not going to the intended party. We're happy to help get to the bottom of this. To clarify, are you participating in a group text message? If so, which app are you using for texting? 

RyanM_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cazador481

I have had this happen with Textra, and google messenger app.  I have also had this happen in group messages or with direct messaging.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cazador481,

What you're experiencing is really strange, to be honest. If this is happening for only that one specific contact, across multiple phones and applications, the issue may be with how the contact is stored in your phone. What model phone do you currently have? How are your contacts being backed up and saved on your device?

ShawnteJ_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
cazador481

I have a oneplus 6T.  My contacts are backup using the builtin google backup

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cazador481, 

Thank you for the additional details. Let's clarify a few things. Can you confirm that individual messages from you to the other contact do not go through? Can you sign in to your Google account from another device to confirm the contact is set up correctly? Can you receive texts from this person successfully?

JenelleR_VZW

0 Likes