tap to speak screen will not go away..
LCD1962

Help!  I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 and after the Google Tap to Speak screen froze on my phone I spent 2 hours with Verizon Customer Service 3 nights ago.  We did factory reset after deleting all my texts, contacts, apps, etc. and NOW this problem is happening again!

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: tap to speak screen will not go away..
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm terribly sorry, LCD1962! I can imagine that it must be especially frustrating to experience this again after making so many efforts to resolve the issue. I'd like to see if there may be an app on your phone, causing this issue to reoccur. Please power the phone on Safe Mode, and test Google Tap to Speak again to see if it works while in Safe Mode. http://spr.ly/6585BzcxF;

MichelleH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
thorth

try

settings

application manager

google app

clear cashe

google text to speech

clear cashe

exit

this worked on my s4

0 Likes
satchmo28

Google has opened issue 187570 for this problem. It's pretty widespread. It's an issue with the google app 5.3.23.16 update.

0 Likes
PTBadger

The phone has to be restarted to turn this feature off.  it will not delete other contacts, etc.  Until it is fixed, best not to use it.   I just got my phone and can't return it.  This bites.

0 Likes