talk to text issue?
ies1980

Hello Smiley Happy Recently, I purchased a Samsung Illusion this is my first 'smart phone' and I really like it but for some reason my talk to text messaging isn't working. It says "Connection Problem" the feature was functioning when I first got the phone but now it isn't. I did change some settings to prolong battery life, I'm wondering if this could have caused the problem? I tried searching for hints before posting here but couldn't find exactly what I was looking for. Any hints or suggestions would be much appreciated thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: talk to text issue?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The talk to text messaging needs an active data connection to the translation servers in order to process your voice request. Have you turned off the data connection or background data on the phone? You need to turn it back on before using the talk to text feature.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

mamasings66
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had the same problem w/my hours old Spectrum. I figured out that when I'm in 4G it works. When WiFi is turned on and active, the speech to text feature does not work. Turn off WiFi and see if that solves your problem. This is not a problem for me as I have unlimited data, but it should not work like this. DiSlike!

ies1980

I did not realize  the data connection had to be running at the same time thank you!

0 Likes
AnthonyTa_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hi ies1980!

Congratulations on your new Samsung Illusion!  I'm sure you are enjoying your new device; Great Choice!

I see that Ann154 and mamasings66 gave some great feedback and suggestions; have you had a chance to test the "Text-to-speech" feature with the cellular data connection, to ensure the feature works?  I am confident that will allow you to use the feature as intended.

I hope we are able to answer your questions, and address your concerns.

Thanks,

AnthonyTa_VZW

VZW Support

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ies1980

yes, it works after all, I did not realize the mobile data or WiFi had to be used. Thanks for the responses!

0 Likes