stolen phone security question
ElinaZ
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi.  My Droid was stolen yesterday and I'm concerned about the security of my email and facebook accounts.  I changed the passwords on them.  Will that change be reflected in the mobile apps that have automatic sign in?  Are there any other issues I should consider given that the phone was stolen?  Thanks for your time.

Labels (1)
Re: stolen phone security question
PJNC284
Master - Level 2

I know gmail will give you a little notification that the password is incorrect but you can still open the app and see the past few days of presynched emails but you can't send any or update it.  Facebook will probably see that the password is incorrect and not log in.  Just make sure you call verizon to report it stollen and have the ESN blacklisted.  Then the phone is basically worthless to whoever has it.

0 Likes
ElinaZ
Enthusiast - Level 1

If I suspended the service and cited that the reason for this was that the phone was stolen do I need to call them and let them know?  Or do I need to call them directly and ask them to blacklist the ESN?  I'm in Argentina so it's a little bit more complicated for me to phone the US (particularly because I no longer have a phone!).  Thanks for your reply.

0 Likes
Ambreezy
Contributor - Level 3

Once service is suspended for lost/stolen, the ESN is automatically placed on the negative list. If someone else were to find the device, they would not be able to activate the device to their account.

0 Likes