software download complete message
ewhayne

I have a box at the lower right of my computer that says: Software download complete. Install Now Install Later.

I'm not about to download something like that. I googled it and someone said is was a Verizon message involving my Samsung galaxy phone. Anyone seen this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: software download complete message
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

I think the message you've seen was in reference to "Verizon Wireless Software Upgrade Assistant". It is a safe program to install and you can locate the file by using your computer's file search program. It will be located in the download folder. When you connect your phone for the first time to your computer the file will download into the hard drive. It will also try to auto update from time to time. But it's good to ask questions before opening your computer to any download.

BoiseJohnB
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verizon really needs to identify this popup box as being from them.  One should never click to install a piece of software with so little identifying information ... like NONE for this one.  I had to Google search to find out this likely is related to Verizon software for my Android, but that shouldn't be necessary, and is unacceptable....

Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Excellent answer and it's such a shame that management level people in the Verizon Corp. more then likely never view this forum but with a glance. So much good could be learned of what VZW customers really need from Verizon in many areas. I was reading in a newspaper just a few days into the 5.0 nightmare a short write-up. It said that one of the best network in North America (VZW), may crumble because of almost zero customer care support. Sad but could come to pass,

blaneweb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wasted an hour of my time trying to find what program this bogus, BS message box was associated with, only to finally track it down to Verizon software.  The software is now uninstalled from my computer.  I refuse to use crap applications that waste my time, absolutely no reason for this kind of junk.  My next phone probably won't be Verizon even though their network is good.  I don't need to waste my time on poorly written applications.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly wouldn't want to see you leave Verizon, blaneweb. While we don't manufacture the phones, it's important to us that every valued customer has a working phone to enjoy our reliable network. Samsung's Software Repair Assistant http://vz.to/187Et0w was created to help many customers benefit from the ability to repair the software on their phone instead of needing to seek out a Samsung repair location or replace their phone. I do hope you stay with us on your future devices. Please let us know if there's any concerns I can help to address.

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
WVmom
Enthusiast - Level 3

Jennifer,

It is nice to see Verizon finally attempt to respond to this issue.  However, your response does not appear to address our concerns.

The update to PC software associated with certain Verizon phones shows up as an anonymous pop-up on the computer, asking the customer to install now or later.  We don't want to click either button, because there is nothing on the pop-up to say it is from Verizon, or that it has anything to do with a cell phone.

The software delivered to us because we use YOUR phone service is forcing us to drop everything and search online for an explanation.  That shouldn't happen.  Are you going to fix that?

Maybe it would help if you could see what we are talking about.  It looks something like this:

Pop-up.png

The date on this one is old because I pulled it off an antivirus forum, where the problem was identified TWO YEARS ago.  It is still happening.  This does not feel like good customer service.

Can you help?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I have noticed these 2 popups.  Only happens when I plug my phone in.  One is the icon near the clock and the other is what happens when I click on it.

Capture.JPG0312151030.jpg

0 Likes
WVmom
Enthusiast - Level 3

Haven't seen those.  My phone is Samsung.  Still looking to Verizon to respond.  How are they going to address the difficulty caused to customers by this:

Pop-up.png

0 Likes