sd card
got2run

I would like to use my SD card from my previous phone since I have my pics on it.  How do I properly open the the cover from the Droid Eris to exchange the SD card?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: sd card
scajjr2

got2run wrote:

I would like to use my SD card from my previous phone since I have my pics on it.  How do I properly open the the cover from the Droid Eris to exchange the SD card?

The back cover just snaps on and off. On the top left (looking at the BACK of the phone) there is a little slot you can get your fingernail in to pop it off. Still looking at the back the microSD slot is on the lower right and is labeled.

Sam

0 Likes
Chipps

Is 16 the largest SD card the Droid will read? I have not seen any information on anything larger anywhere.

0 Likes
LS

http://www.motorola.com/staticfiles/Support/US-EN/Mobile%20Phones/DROID-by-Motorola/US-EN/Documents/...

Tips and Tricks

Use your phone as a portable hard drive Your phone supports high capacity microSD cards, which means you can add up to 32GB of storage to it. That’s as good as carrying a portable hard drive around with you. To treat your phone as a portable storage device, you need to turn on mass storage. Here's how. 1 Plug your phone into your computer using a USB cable. 2 When your phone chimes and/or a notification USB icon appears on your Notifications bar, open it. 3 You must tap the USB notification to allow for files to be copied back and forth between the phone and your computer. 4 Tap Memory Card Management > OK. Your phone is now available as a disk drive on your computer.

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

got2run wrote:

&nsbp; A word of caution. If your old phone was not an Android OS, you may have to reformat the card for the Droid to read it. I haven't tried it myself but experience with PC OS's tells me that this may be the case. If a reformat is necessary you will delete all of the data on the card. It might ve better to copy the pics over to the existing card.

0 Likes
Chipps

Thanks. That's what I was looking for. I assume this means removing the 16 GB card and installing a 32 GB card in its place.

0 Likes
dcarlton35

For the Droid Eris by HTC, 16GB is the largest it supports. The Droid by Motorola comes with 16GB but supports to 32GB. Hope this helps. :smileyhappy:

0 Likes