screen stays on after com google process error
Snn5
Legend

When the com.google.apps.process error occurs my screen will not turn off.  This happens at boot. I know the Download Manager enable/disable trick, but why does the screen stay on?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: screen stays on after com google process error
Snn5
Legend

After 5.0.2 error ceased.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Does seem strange, have you tried clearing the cache in apps process to see if this error goes away or have tried running a system cache clear you might try that see if it clears up the error..

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I've done the above. Seems this happens for a while after I factory reset.  It'll go away eventually. Thought it might be the early updates to Gapps 5.0 and maybe it was because a gapp was disabled but that's not it either. Its plagued users for years and the only temp fix was cleaning out the cache for download manager. Never did come up with a permanent fix.

B33
Legend

Yea.. I don't recall having any issues with it,  but I do remember hearing one's have issues with it in the past

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

The process error is well documented throughout the web on many different Android devices.  Usually it occurs in relation to a Google app of some sort.  Problem is is that no one has ever formally addressed the issue at Google.  You know how G support is...unless it's Wallet-related, the support comes from web searches and community group support.

tbo27
Master - Level 2

Had to 3 term it? Glad fdr worked

B33
Legend

Good reply.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

It's either Google Keyboard or Google Now voice activation(OK, Google). Delete your OK Google samplings or turn it off and the message shouldn't pop up. If that doesn't fix it then it is your Google Keyboard.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Tidbits I use to use Google Keyboard thought it wasn't bad but the normal worked out just as good so I've using it instead.. and i'm not a fan of Google + too much either..

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

After 5.0.2 error ceased.

0 Likes