samsung s5 no longer recognize samsung evo sd card after kitkat 4.4.4 update
user8041
Enthusiast - Level 1

Verzion sent the update to my phone 2 days ago, after the update to kitkat 4.4.4, the phone no longer recognize my samsung sd card (evo, class 10). Three things I tried: 1. format the card in the phone. The phone told me that the card cannot be formatted. 2. Format on computer. The formatted card is recognizable in a phone not yet been updated, but when I switch to my phone, the phone said it is a black card, and need to be formatted, however, the phone still fail to format. 3. Try another card. I borrowed a class 6 card from a verizon store, the card is recognizable.

So two facts are here:

1. The card is in good condition.

2. My phone hardware is in good condition.

From my logic, I can only conclude it was the kitkat 4.4.4 update that messed up the sd card compatibility, is there anything verizon can do to help?

Labels (1)
Re: samsung s5 no longer recognize samsung evo sd card after kitkat 4.4.4 update
Mushoe
Enthusiast - Level 1

same issue... called tech support, unhelpful as usual.  They said to factory reset the phone and that will 'certainly' fix the problem. well, it did not.  Now I get to go into the infernal hell of an actual store and talk with someone.  Shame on you Verizon.  Yet another way you make you long time customers want to switch providers.

new 32 GB card did not read, existing 32gb card did not read (even after format), buddies 64 GB card (from his s5) did not read [he's not having issues after the NI2 update], factory reset did nothing other than aggravate me by having to setup a phone again.

Verizon, why can't you be customer focused, like you were 10 years ago?

Any one have any fix, other than a new phone or a new provider?

Re: samsung s5 no longer recognize samsung evo sd card after kitkat 4.4.4 update
Jasonsfi
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same issue here.  I called Verizon and they were not aware of this issue.  After troubleshooting with tech support they were not able to solve.  So we did a conference call between Samsung and Verizon.  Of coarse this ended up with Samsung blaming Verizon and Verizon blaming Samsung.  So in the end Verizon decided to send me another phone, I bet I have the same issue with the SD card with the new phone after the update.  If anyone comes up with a fix please let us know.

cfwegman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm waiting on a reply from Verizon.   It seems obvious to me someone accidentally altered some code in the last update and the only fix will be finding it and issuing a new update.

0 Likes