samsung s4 mini group texts
emeraldeyez
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Samsung S4 mini. I am having issues with group texts. There are 4 of us in the group and all on Samsung S ** somethings, but all on different carriers. I can receive group texts from all of the group, but if I reply to them, it goes only to the person who sent the last message. If I start a group text, it still goes to each as a single text and all replies from either group started my me or another person in the group, come to me as singles. I have checked the settings and I do have group conversations checked. I'm more than a little frustrated. here. Any ideas? I've tried a few sms apps, but no luck. I have already done a factory reset.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: samsung s4 mini group texts
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry you're having such troubles with your Group Messaging emeraldeyez! Have you ever been able to use this feature with your phone? When doing so, do you have Mobile Data enabled, or WiFi? Also, are you using default Messaging app on phone? Please elaborate so we can better understand & assist.

Thank you,
VanessaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
emeraldeyez
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have not been able to use the group messaging feature with this new phone. Previously, I had a Samsung S4 (not mini) on Verizon and I did not have this issue with that phone. WiFi and Mobile Data is always enabled and on when my phone is on. I am using the default messaging app.

I'm not sure if this is connected but, I have noticed that if I look at 'My Contacts' this list is a little different than the contacts I see when I create a text message. Like maybe one is a list on my card and one is on my phone? I'm not sure if this is related or not.

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks so much for following up! Are the group messages being sent to a group that you've set up within your contact list? Groups are created by heading into Contacts > Groups Tab > Create > Add Members

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes