samsung s3
lisafields

I am having major problems with my phone..I get the red x when charging...my phone will just shut off...my touch screen will quit working to answer or look at anything...it doesnt hold a charge very long....everything started after last update.......r they trying to make the S3 obsolete or something...sounds like these issues are happening to alot of people.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: samsung s3
tae111
Enthusiast - Level 3

My Samsung s3 does the same thing. Also when using the phone I get messages that say my phone is overheating and no apps will open. Just spent 2 hours on the phone with Verizon tech. My phone is 1 year and 3 months old so the Samsung warranty is expired by 3 months. I bought my phone through Wirefly and bought the insurance with them also. Unfortunately wirefly is out of business and also the phone protection company so I'm screwed. The tech had me do a factory reset but that did nothing. I am told this update was sent to millions of phones with no problems. That may be true or not. All I know is Samsung sent a bomb to my phone and destroyed it and so far I'm left holding the bag. I'm bringing the phone to Best Buy. According to Verizon they have a Samsung tech department that will look at it. We'll see. This all happened after the Kit Kat update.

0 Likes
Re: samsung s3
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for reaching out to us, lisafields. Here to help out with your S3. Sorry to hear about the issues you are experiencing. Have you tried wiping the cache partition? This is different from a factory reset, and you don't lose your phone's saved data. http://vz.to/UNmvKf

Just don't pick the factory reset option. Wipe Cache Partition, and then reboot from that menu. Keep us posted!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes