samsung note 4 lollipop update.....issue
chanz15

i would like to be able to see text notification alerts on lock screen top bar instead of Verizon wireless. also I do not have music controls on lock screen anymore after lollipop update......

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: samsung note 4 lollipop update.....issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
chanz15,

We want to see you enjoy the enhancements to the software on your device. What you have described is the phone working as designed. You can click to view all the additional features that were enhanced with the recent update http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/benefits-galaxy-note4-4-7-15.pdf

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
jrey03
Contributor - Level 1

I am having the same issue.  The long list of large notifications is really a pain.  I just want to know if I have an email, a voicemail, a facebook update, a snap chat, etc.  Guess what Verizon, I already know that you are my carrier.  I don't need to be reminded from the lock screen.  Especially if I'm looking to see if I have a new email, and I get slapped in the face with "Your Carrier is STILL Verizon Wireless."

0 Likes
jrey03
Contributor - Level 1

This also hides the temperature notification that is always just visible in the notification bar with the weather bug app.  When I just want to see the temp before I go outside, I see Verizon Wireless.  Hides what I need to know, and tells me what I already know.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
chanz15,

We want to see you enjoy the enhancements to the software on your device. What you have described is the phone working as designed. You can click to view all the additional features that were enhanced with the recent update http://www.verizonwireless.com/dam/support/pdf/system_update/benefits-galaxy-note4-4-7-15.pdf

SandyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
arun84h
Enthusiast - Level 1

This answer is unacceptable.  Why would you remove useful information from the lock screen that many people have counted on for YEARS over various iterations of this phone, only to replace it with the unneeded and unhelpful "Verizon Wireless" carrier information?  The large, ugly notification icons that display instead are cluttered (especially the "helpful" notification that my phone is charging...I know it's charging, why does my phone have to vibrate/make a noise?).  If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

0 Likes
jrey03
Contributor - Level 1

I agree with arun84h.  This was a step backwards from the user perspective.

0 Likes