Re: s5 lollipop update and draining the battery and slowing my phone down?
Dbudds
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon needs to be held accountable for loss of services, as in issue refunds. Basically my phone I loved last week has been reduced to no more then a flip phone I owned 5 years ago. I cant even turn on the wifi for fear of draining my battery in 2 hours. WTF!???

Hyenas
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am super, super frustrated.  It's been two days of trying fixes and my phone literally can not charge fast enough.  I see it dropping with the charger on it!?!?!?!?! Say what!  It is actually hot to the touch, like the CPU is going on speed.

I loved my phone to death. Now it is death.  JUST HORRID!

GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Good try and sorry it did not work, but thanks for letting us know. No offical news on when or if a patch is coming.

newscmom
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well, I'm sad to see that there are no solutions yet, at least I see that it's not just something I've done.  I'm having the same issues.  Suddenly, my battery is acting like it's years old, not 2 months old.  And the delay on touch is horrendous.  In addition, apps just close on their own with no warning, particularly in my email.  I guess it's due to this update that I didn't even realize happened?  I just did the wipe cache thing and I guess I'll see in 2-3 days if it works.  That's crazy, though, that I should have to wait days to see if it helps.

I'm posting here to follow this thread in the hopes that a fix is eventually posted.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dbudds,

I'm very sorry to hear of the troubles you're experiencing with your device. How long has it been since you've completed the update? Have you tested the device in safe mode to see if it runs any better without third party applications?  http://vz.to/1Fa63p0

TrevorC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
alfstaint
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did a factory reset this morning and this fixed everything.  It's not too painless if you have everything backed up.

0 Likes
robmilissa
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have lollipop on my Google Tablet and love it, but I absolutely hate lollipop on my S5. Battery drain, and sluggish performance.  Why would Google take some of my favorite features away, like being able to silence my phone from the power button?

robmilissa
Enthusiast - Level 1

The install doesn't work, yes I've tried safe mode. Quit trying to minimize the problem.

0 Likes
Hyenas
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's two days later.  Verizon phone support said take it into the store for them to back it up and restore it to KitKat.  I went and did so and the Verizon store people refused.

The store guy said he has a S5 that is now junked and he is just as frustrated.

This really shook my faith in Verizon.  My fine feature phone is now junk.  I have it on minimum functionality mode to keep it from dying and it is horribly unstable!  I've gotten so many crashes with it.

0 Likes
Hyenas
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, it is hot to the touch when I have it outside of minimum lifeline functioning. What is it doing?

0 Likes