s4 ive been using on tmobile for years lollipop screwed up my texts
donniedoomsday3

ive been using my brothers verizon s4 for years on tmobile everything worked great and such.

then i updated to lollipop now i am unable to send texts messages they always fail

samsung and tmobile said i need to change the message center number in the text messaging app but that option is gone with the new lollipop update

i need help its the only phone i have!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: s4 ive been using on tmobile for years lollipop screwed up my texts
donniedoomsday3

Has anyone figured anything out ?/

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
donniedoomsday3,

Let's see if we can get your S4 messaging back up and running. What meesage app are you using on the device? Is it the basic message app preinstalled or the Message+ app? Have you tried any other third party apps in the Play Store to text?

ChristinaM_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
donniedoomsday3

i am using the stock messaging app. ive tried 3rd party ones and its still not sending texts what so ever

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You realize you're on the Verizon forum right? Based on your post it sounds like you still have T-mobile. Regardless, can you make and receive phone calls? Did you try to power down, remove your SIM card and reinstall? Are you using the same SIM card that your brother did - a replacement may be in order.

0 Likes
gingerninja94

probably a compatibility issue between the phone and tmobile now that the update has gone through. Even an unlocked phone is not guaranteed to work on another carrier. may need to talk to tmobile and possibly fdr (factory data reset) the phone

0 Likes
donniedoomsday3

I've factory wiped multiple times got a new Sim card nothing still T-Mobile and Samsung said it has something to do with the smsc number

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details. It has to be frustrating to not be able to send text messages. What happens when you send a text? Any error messages?

SheritaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
donniedoomsday3

Its says "message not sent. Touch to retry"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
donniedoomsday3,

I'm sorry but there seems to be a confusion here. You mentioned you have TMobile as your carrier. Please contact them for assistance.

AdaS_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes