"your device is not provisioned for carrier billing"?
dxander1337

Hello. Before I upgraded my phone, I was able to purchase apps from google play, and bill them to my account. But now, after I have upgraded, and possibly a littl before (I was having some problems with it occasionally), Whenever I try to select the option for billing to my account, I get an error that states "your device is not provisioned for carrier billing, Contact your mobile Operator."

It's late, and the chat is not open, and I am kind of impatient. Does anyone know what I could do to fix this myself? Or would I have to ask someone that can modify my account? (VZW Staff)?

Extra Info: I upgraded from a Stratosphere to a Droid Razr. I am on jellybean currently. The strat was on gingerbread, I believe.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: "your device is not provisioned for carrier billing"?
Not applicable

I have no idea, but I would think you need to call *611 and have customer service look at your account and make the change.

0 Likes
Jeremy1129
Contributor - Level 2

Could be quite a few things, did your contract expire, have you tried deleting your google account and setting it back up

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi dxander1337. I understand why you'd be so anxious to get some of those amazing applications onto your new Droid Razr. There's a few things that may be causing this. With the ability to bill to your account from Google Play, you can bill up to $25 to your wireless account. So if the purchase you're attempting to make will put you over $25 for the month, you'll need to either make the purchase using a credit card or wait until your next bill cycle to bill it to your account. Also, an account owner can restrict the ability to bill Google Play purchases through Service Blocks or Usage Controls on My Verizon http://bit.ly/xB4iTc. Another common cause to the message would be if there's been a recent inturruption in your services for non-payment. If a line is inturrupted, the ability to bill to the account will be restored in 6 months.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport 

0 Likes