""Unfortunately Messaging Has Stopped"
CarolB865
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep getting the "unfortunately messaging has stopped" since yesterday. I've done the clearing of cache, disable, started in safe mode and it still came up. I've deleted threads, checked memory and have plenty, Updated on May 20 and it's a Droid Ultra. I've gone through all the threads here with similar issues and done all the troubleshooting they each suggested. Nothing is helping! This is driving me crazy. Help??

Labels (1)
Re: ""Unfortunately Messaging Has Stopped"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi CarolB865,

Oh no! I know how important text messaging is per I use mine daily. Thanks for the hard work that you completed in an attempt to resolve the issue. The error message that you are receiving has been lifted up to Motorola and will be permanently fixed in the next software update for the Droid Ultra. There are temporary solutions provided to fix the issue:

User may delete all messages from the messaging application, or may perform a factory data reset http://vz.to/U6pr4s .

Thanks,
PamelaF_VZW
Tweet us @vzwsupport

Re: Re: ""Unfortunately Messaging Has Stopped"
Shoulders
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issues with my Droid Maxx.  I keep getting error messages like the following.

"Unfortunately messaging has stopped"

"Unfortunately com.motorola.messaging has stopped"

"Unfortunately amazon has stopped"

The phone is almost new...only around 7 months.  I have more than enough space on the device and I have cleared the cache as well.  I've gone so far as to backup and delete photos, extra apps, etc.  I do business from the phone and I need to get it working as soon as possible.

Denbow
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having this issue as well, it apparently been going of for little over a week now (unbeknownst to me) and as a direct result, I have missed very important work messages. I also have only had the phone for about a month, after having to replace my other MAXX due to a dead pixel. I absolutely love this phone, until this issue. Like the previous posts, I have cleared cache, etc. I would appreciate if Verizon/Motorola can resolve, otherwise I will have to search alternatives as this directly impacts my job.

0 Likes
MScarb
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have also been getting this message since the last update.  VERY annoying and inconvenient.  Not all messages are being sent and not all messages are being received by me either.  PLEASE FIX SOON!!!

0 Likes
rescue8okc

My wife and I both have droid maxx phones and are having the same issues. Have taken phones to the verizon store and they were not able to fix the issues. When will the new update be available? I rely on messaging for my business and cannot afford to have this problem.

0 Likes
Anjok

I too have been getting this message it's even affecting me receiving emails as well

0 Likes
Re: Re: ""Unfortunately Messaging Has Stopped"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shoulders I understand the importance of having a working device, especially for work purposes! We'll do everything we can to get this taken care of ASAP! Are you using the standard messaging app or a 3rd party? Do you use the Amazon app frequently?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MScarb we'll get this fixed ASAP! Fill us in on the details and we'll get right to work! What zip code are you located in? Are you using the pre-installed messaging app or a 3rd party?

AshleyS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
bjkimbrell1
Enthusiast - Level 2

MY PHONE IS DOING THE SAME THING???????? MINE IS A DROID MAX. PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU ARE DOING TO CORRECT THIS PROBLEM????

0 Likes