"my verizon mobile" app keeps crashing
Smoke-n-Squeal
Enthusiast - Level 3

Any one else having problems with the "My Verizon Mobile" app keep crashing when trying to use the phone as a phone? I have a Droid Turbo and this app keeps crashing anytime I make phone calls and it drops my call. I found somewhere else that there is an app called "Android System WebView" that was causing it. I made sure it was up to date and I even disabled it but it's still happening. Any recommendations before I reset the phone? These new version of Android 5.1 is causing a LOT of problems and I'm not to pleased on the so called upgrade.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: "my verizon mobile" app keeps crashing
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I am sad to hear of the trouble you are having with the My Verizon app. Are you accessing it directly from the app menu or from a widget on your phone screen? Have you force stopped the app & cleared the data to see if you can access it after http://spr.ly/6586BJivr?
BryanS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

If you are having a lot of problems since the update, you should go ahead and factory reset the phone.

0 Likes
Gadgets4me

Can anyone tell me if factory reset clears this up?  It is a very extreme measure to take without confidence that it will solve my problem.

I can't get the My Verizon Mobile app to log in at all.  I don't see other calling issues or anything other than the app isn't working at all so I have no access to view my Verizon account from my phone.  It gives an error every time but I am also not convinced that a factory reset will do any good.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

OP stated they had A LOT of issues after an update, not just one issue with the Verizon App.  For them an FDR might be best.  For you, uninstall and reinstall the updates, since you cannot uninstall the app itself.

0 Likes