"VZWAVSSERVICE has closed"at startup
Duster14
Enthusiast - Level 3

My phone is brand new. Samsung Galaxy S5. I haven't even had a week good and now I am getting the "VZWAVSSERVICE has closed" Whats gives Verizon? Brand new product and having to go through this message. No apps added to phone yet, nor anything download to it. Its still a virgin phone and factory set. All the Verizon store did was update everything at the Verizon Store in Carrollton Ga. What kind of crap are you selling us?????? This is a product that you sell and you cant fix the problem, but you Verizon blame it on someone else's software. Then why have their software? Explain me to how to get the "VZWAVSSERVICE has closed" off my phone and not just a quick fix by unchecking something. I want a permanent fix to it this so called bloatware. Do your dang job correctly Verizon. We pay for a service now fix it!!!

Wonder how the Public Service Commission would like to be informed to your problem that even you can't seem to fix????? I am telling you you wont like me if you get me mad! I will raise all sorts of cane at your Verizon office and chase out your customers in person and tel them what is going on, plus in addition I will post this all over all the social media's, how you cant fix your dang problem, blame other companies software or utilities for the problem and that is putting it mildly for who is reading this........... Yes all you other Verizon Consumers you have to right to complain to the Public Service Commission too!!! They offer us a service and can't seem to fix it, so complain.... You have done stepped on the wrong toes now Verizon, not to mention smells like to stepped in dog poo on this one and dropped the ball... Fix this problem! My phone is still under the 14 day warranty, fix it or you eat the phone and will continue to go get another one until you fix this "VZWAVSSERVICE has closed" problem! I think you need of all companies need to re-read your Mission Statement. You want our money don't you? The ball is in your court now......

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "VZWAVSSERVICE has closed"at startup
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Make sure you uninstall updates in app mgr in google plus to test turn off and on before an fdr

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Duster14
Enthusiast - Level 3

Last at a football game i was sitting beside another Verizon customer and they had the same message on there Samsung Galaxy S5 and was asking me what it was and how to fix it. I let them i know i had the same message at start up too and my phone is not even a week old yet. Or as you say when you first turn it on. So its across the board and all others S5 phone are doing it, I see...

"VZWAVSSERVICE has closed" message

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Duster14,

Thank you for the information. I would be happy to assist with this issue.  We are going to have to do a factory reset of your phone. Please download VZW Cloud and backup all of your information to the Cloud. After its backed up follow tese steps. http://vz.to/1lq27ol. Please advise if this works.

StevenR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Make sure you uninstall updates in app mgr in google plus to test turn off and on before an fdr

0 Likes
Duster14
Enthusiast - Level 3

Factory reset my ass! That is the stupidest and lame way of fixing the problem. Tha'ts always your way to fix your problems. Hey let us or you a reset. Excuse me! But what is your problem Verizon?!?! And then how do i keep my google updated with turning off the updates huh? You need to be talking to Google at the round table and both of you need to fix this problem and give all of customers the true update that fixes this issue........

I already know how to turn it off and make it disappear, but that doesn't actually fix the problem in the end result. There is a software issue going on here and admit it, you don't have the fix for it! So again Reset my Ass! I didnt just fall off the turnip truck yesterday. I have been dealing with pc's and software issue's for over 21 years now. There needs to be a bug fix, not a factory reset for the phone because of the Google+ App....

Did you know this about what you want me to do by a reset below>>>

VZWAVSSERVICE is the Verizon Address Verification System Service. Banks use the AVS Service to verify your address when you make a purchase with your credit or debit card. An AVS authentication failure can result in a credit card sale being denied, and the sale and associated funds put on hold until the bank is able to verify that the person attempting to make the purchase is in fact the card holder (by matching the address entered to the billing address the bank has on file.

Duster14
Enthusiast - Level 3

StevenR_VZW why would i do a factory reset? It still is factory set, when all i have done so far is buy the phone.and haven't changed any settings nor downloaded anything. Everything is as when i walked out the store with the phone. A virgin phone with nothing done to it except what the Verizon Corporate store in Carrollton, Georgia did to the Samsung Galaxy S5 there.

Also why is there so many across the internet complaining about it themessage? All you know how to do is try to reset the phone. Do a Google search StevenR_VZW and see how many others it is affecting with the message. Its just not happening or related to just the S5 phone.

CeeJayTay
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I agree.  My mom and I both bought our S5's in April or may be May, I don't remember.  But, they just started saying that a month or so ago.  Why would he need to factory reset his phone if he hasn't done anything to it except what came on the phone from your store?  That makes absolutely ZERO sense to me.  And I also don't understand how it is someone else's software with the problem when it seems to be a Verizon issue.  VZW is what Verizon goes by, right?  Yea, I thought so.  I have disliked Verizon as a company and dang near every customer service rep I've come across (in store and over the phone) since you all bought out Alltel.  No one I've met that has/had Verizon is any happier than I am.  The customer service sucks, most of the reps you have to deal with are outrageously rude.  I would have switch companies years ago, the problem is that Verizon (along with their crap customer service and many issues with their devices) is the ONLY company that works in the tiny town I live in.  So, we're stuck.  You all seriously need to get a handle on your issues.  ALL OF THEM!  This doesn't seem to be a problem that can be fixed with a FDR, seeing as he has not changed his phone from factory settings.  Someone needs to get their head out of their bum and find a exceptable, permanent solution.  ASAP!

0 Likes
OldeGuye
Enthusiast - Level 1

I had that alert whenever I started up my new Galaxy Note Pro.  It went away when I realized the security update service was turned off.  I checked the check box to turn it on and haven't seen the alert.

0 Likes
paulmz
Enthusiast - Level 3

What and where is this "security update service"?

0 Likes
Otterpond

Having the same problem here.  Started about a week ago.  Thought it was an error I could just ignore.  Now its interfering with me being able to keep a good connection.  I have done the suggested clear Google+ updates but that doesn't seem to be helpful.  I also have a new Galaxy S5.

0 Likes