"Reply All" won't send, hangs in Outbox
ghostman

Motorola Razr M, Android version 4.1.2.

Using  the Email app that came with phone, Roadrunner Email, have used both  Auto Detect and Manual to enter email settings. However, whenever I  "Reply All" within email, the message gets caught in the Outbox and  hangs. Troubleshooting - I have already: Deleted and reinstalled the  Email Account a half-dozen times; I have restarted phone, turned off and  back on, etc... This only occurs with "Reply All", "Reply" works fine.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: "Reply All" won't send, hangs in Outbox
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's certainly out of the ordinary, Ghostman. Let's take a deeper look into the issue. When you use "Reply All" is this typically within a large message thread? I ask this as the hang up may be from the size of the message.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
ghostman

No. It's both. It first began happening on a large thread with a large  distribution list. I've since tested it with a two-word message to a  distribution list that contained 3 email addresses and it still happens.  Again, it is only happening with the Email application. Gmail works  fine with both Reply and Reply All. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information, ghostman!  Do you have any other email accounts on your device that you can test the "Reply All" option with?  I would like to see if it's just this email client having the reply issue.  Also, have you tried the "Reply All" option on your computer?  If so, what happens?  I'll await your response.  Thanks again!

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
ghostman

Anthony,

Yes. I've tested with other email accounts, 2  gmail, Touchdown, and now the Aquamail patch I downloaded for use with  RR. I've also tested Reply All from my desktop using Outlook with the RR  account and it works fine. Additionally, I've tested it with RR using  their webmail site.

While it does work with the  Aqualmail patch/app, I prefer to use the preinstalled email client,  though, so if it can be fixed, I'd certainly be grateful.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the details ghostman. I'm not showing this issue has been reported for this phone previously. Please first clear cache from Email and setup the account again http://vz.to/ZauvQJ. If no change, test in safe mode http://vz.to/11n3xGU.

MarquiaF_VZW

0 Likes