"Preferred Network Mode" to use when not using Verizon Global and outside USAve an S4. I repeat: I will not be using Verizon Global, but a locally purchased SIM with data.
KellJ

What "Preferred Network Mode" should I use when in Europe using a SIM card I purchase there for voice/data? I have an S4. I repeat: I will not be using Verizon Global, but a locally purchased SIM with data.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: "Preferred Network Mode" to use when not using Verizon Global and outside USAve an S4. I repeat: I will not be using Verizon Global, but a locally purchased SIM with data.
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

LTE/GSM/UMTS when using a foreign SIM card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: "Preferred Network Mode" to use when not using Verizon Global and outside USAve an S4. I repeat: I will not be using Verizon Global, but a locally purchased SIM with data.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi KellJ, I can understand you repeating you will not be using our global services when out of the US but let me find out why. Our global service coverage is very extensive as well as having a global support team available to assist with any international service concerns. What country will be located in when trying to use a global network?  Share some details and here's a link to the wide options available with our global service http://tiny.cc/3fzu3x
EdwinW_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
KellJ

Why? Because the data plans for Europe are (frankly) ridiculously high priced for the uses I require.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

What is your actual question?

0 Likes
KellJ

WHich "Preferred Network Mode" should I select for use when not using Verizon Global, and when outside North America? On my s4 the options are:

GLobal

LTE/CDMA

LTE/GSM/UMTS

Thanks.

Jeanne

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

LTE/GSM/UMTS when using a foreign SIM card.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KellJ,

Sounds like you are going to be doing some nice traveling! Let's make sure we get your phone set up correctly so you can have a worry free time away. If you are going to be using a foreign SIM card in your phone, you can set the Preferred Network Mode to Global or LTE/GSM/UMTS. It depends on the coverage where you are at, so one might work a little better than the other. I hope you have a nice time away!

AliciaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes