"How can I undo the Lollipop 5.0.1 update? It has blocked "Dish" one of the most used Apps.
kent11111
Enthusiast - Level 2

There needs to be a way of rolling back the disruptive update Lollipop 5.0.1.

It has destroyed the ability to use  the Dish Anywhere app and may have disrupted the usefulness of other apps as well.

At a minimum Verizon needs to post a warning that installing their Lollipop update can harm the usefulness of your phone!

Labels (1)
Re: "How can I undo the Lollipop 5.0.1 update? It has blocked "Dish" one of the most used Apps.
Jakeman1
Master - Level 1

There is NO way to undo the update. Your best bet is to contact Dish and advice that their app does not work with the new OS and see when they are updating it.  You may need to uninstall it first then reinstall and see if it works!!!

Re: "How can I undo the Lollipop 5.0.1 update? It has blocked "Dish" one of the most used Apps.
brenjohnson
Enthusiast - Level 1

This new update is pathetic. ..never an issue until now ..after ALL these YEARS...warning a MUST...ROLL BACK A MUST!! Horrible what has happened...have spoke to many and NOT ONE LIKED IT!!!!!!!!!  They NEED to make it go AWAY

kent11111
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update:

The Dish TV app will work if you turn off WiFi and connect with 4G. It will cost something, but at least it is possible to use the app.

0 Likes
kent11111
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update Two:

It turns out that once the Dish app in activated using a 4G connection, it is possible to start a WiFi connection and the Dish app will then work through WiFi.

hosscollah
Enthusiast - Level 1

Lollypop 5. The name says it all. It has taken away my adult privileges. This should have been an option, not forced. Is there anyway to reset my old set-up? 

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

"Reset my old setup"  as in revert to KitKat (cannot be done) or re-set up your Dish app?

0 Likes