"Home" App Slow Since Recent Update
TVGuy22
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an LG G7 ThinQ, 64 GB.

Under "Storage" it says I have 40.79 GB free. Since the most recent update, the "Home" button is extremely slow to react. Sometimes, it will say "Home isn't responding", and asks if I want to wait or shut the app down.

I even switched to the Easy Home app (don't like it), that makes it a little better, but still too slow to react. I got rid of some apps I don't use a lot, currently have 79 installed which is probably fairly low?

It seems that the longer my screen is off/sleeping, the longer it takes for tapping the home button to work.

I didn't drop the phone in a toilet or spill anything on it. I think it's related to the update. Most of the problems I have encountered over the years have been right after an update.

The version of the "Home" app on my phone is 7.20.48

Any ideas?

0 Likes
Re: "Home" App Slow Since Recent Update
TVGuy22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Cleared cache and data on the Home app and it seems to be working now.

0 Likes
tbint62
Contributor - Level 2

TVGuy22

Restarting phone after updates has a positive effect on Android behavior!

0 Likes
TVGuy22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Spoke too soon. Still sluggish when I tap the Home button. Will sit on a black screen for 10 seconds or more. Sometimes the home screen comes up, sometimes it asks if I want to close the app or wait. Frustrating.

0 Likes
Re: Home App Slow Since Recent Update
TVGuy22
Enthusiast - Level 2

The Home function is the only problem I have. All of my apps are opening normally. This has only been happening since the last update.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TVGuy22, updating your device Software should enhance your device experience and not eliminate them. We appreciate all of the steps you have taken already in efforts to resolve your device Home button concern. Let’s continue to work on this. Can you please confirm that all of the applications on your device are up to date? Also, how does your Home button function, after you restart your device in Safe Made https://vz.to/2w165Gj?

SylviaT_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being on top of your phone is vital, especially if its acting sluggish. Please restart it in Safe Mode and test it out. Let us know how it goes. Use this link as reference: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-218151/.

GilbertoL_VZW

TVGuy22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Home button seems to function normally in Safe Mode. Response time is normal. All of my apps are updated, as far as I know. I will keep tinkering with it. 

It seems to me that the longer the screen is off, the slower the reaction time of the Home button. But maybe that's just my impression. Thanks for your help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

TVGuy22, You're more than welcome. We appreciate your business and the opportunity to help. We can definitely take a closer look at this together. Since the Home button experiences no lag while in Safe Mode, it could be an indication that there may be an application or file that is interfering with it. Can you think of any new applications that may have been installed around the same time as the software update? Also, can you please confirm the new Software Version that your phone recently updated to: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-218043/?   TanishaS_VZW

0 Likes
TVGuy22
Enthusiast - Level 2

Software version G710VM20f

Android Security Patch Level: 2/1/20

0 Likes