"Can't connect to your Voice Mailbox" error 9004... what does this mean? where is the error?
peterds
Enthusiast - Level 2

I get this error 9004 alert frequently in recent months but when I test voicemail I am able to receive the message. What is going on?

Labels (1)
Re: "Can't connect to your Voice Mailbox" error 9004... what does this mean? where is the error?
bearone21
Legend

how are you testing, by dialing your number + #?

0 Likes
Re: "Can't connect to your Voice Mailbox" error 9004... what does this mean? where is the error?
peterds
Enthusiast - Level 2

I called my cell from another line and left a test VM message.  The VM message appeared immediately on the cell and could be listened to normally.

One thing that is unclear about this error message is the meaning of "can't connect to your voice mailbox"  which is followed by "Sorry, we're having trouble connecting to your voice mailbox..." So who is "we" who can't connect? The Verizon system? The app on my phone?  And what does "can't connect" mean?

I just saw the error message again, tested again, and successfully left and retrieved a VM message.

Perhaps this message is reporting an intermittent condition that is very brief and not a problem, or maybe it's a false error message entirely.

My concern is that it is reporting a real (if intermittent) condition that at some point will cause me to miss a VM that I would want to receive. Peter

David

Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

peterds
Enthusiast - Level 2

BTW I should have mentioned that I have a Pixel2 phone. Peter

0 Likes
bearone21
Legend

i'm running int the same issue on a new us gov't issued phone, message says to call 800-922-0204.

workaround is what you did, dial the number, press .#.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Peterds, having a working voicemail is of the utmost importance. We know that it can be bothersome for your voicemail not to work. Let's work together to check out what's going on. Have you noticed if your WiFi setting is enabled when you are unable to refresh? Can you please test with WiFi off and cellular data on? Also can you try to reset the application: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-215224/  to see if this helps to make the error message go away.

Takendra_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
peterds
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi,

FYI, when I click on your link below to reset the app, I get the message "An unexpected error has occurred." 

Concerning my WiFi setting, it is generally enabled.  While it is possible that WiFi is down for an instant now and then, cellular data is always on... so I'm still unclear on the meaning of error message 9004... Who or what "can't connect" to my voice mailbox?  And why am I getting these error messages when I can test my VM by sending myself a VM message and find it to be working fine?

Peter

​Personal information removed as required by Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

peterds wrote:

Hi,

FYI, when I click on your link below to reset the app, I get the message "An unexpected error has occurred."

Concerning my WiFi setting, it is generally enabled. While it is possible that WiFi is down for an instant now and then, cellular data is always on... so I'm still unclear on the meaning of error message 9004... Who or what "can't connect" to my voice mailbox? And why am I getting these error messages when I can test my VM by sending myself a VM message and find it to be working fine?

Peter

You need to access the link from the community forum website and not from the email notification of a new post into the discussion thread. There is a link in the email notification to allow you to view the posts on the community site.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Peterds, I understand the importance of getting this error message figured out. I depend on my voicemail daily, so we want to make sure you have access to yours with no errors as well. Please make sure your software is up to date on the Pixel 2. Also, when attempting to reset the app make sure you are not connected to Wi-Fi. I have supplied a link to confirm the software is current. https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/google-pixel-2-update/ https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-215091/

Rodney_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Tcalvanico

How do I fix this?

0 Likes