"Add to Existing contact" for Droid - missing it from old Palm Treo
SteveDice

Hello! I just got a Droid and i am happy with it. The one feature i miss from My old phone ( Palm Treo 755p) is that after you are done talking to someone, the phone would not only as if you wanted to add to contacts , BUT if you wanted to paste the new number/email to an contact you already created. It saved time! Thanks

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: "Add to Existing contact" for Droid - missing it from old Palm Treo
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

SteveDice wrote:

Hello! I just got a Droid and i am happy with it. The one feature i miss from My old phone ( Palm Treo 755p) is that after you are done talking to someone, the phone would not only as if you wanted to add to contacts , BUT if you wanted to paste the new number/email to an contact you already created. It saved time! Thanks

Moto Droid or Eris?

With the Moto Droid it doesn't automatically ask you if you want to add a new number to contacts, but you can go to the call log and long press the number and it will give you the option to "Add to Contacts".  If you select that it will take you to your contacts lists and you can either create a new one (first option at the top of the screen) or scroll through the list to select an existing contact.  I'm not certain how it works on the Eris, but I'm sure it can be done.

0 Likes
SteveDice

i am familar with adding a contact i am asking about adding to an existing contact.

if i am getting a phone call from someone already on my contact list, but they are using a different phone than the one i have listed, TREO let me just past it in!

thanks

0 Likes
PPC_Dude
Contributor - Level 2

SteveDice wrote:

i am familar with adding a contact i am asking about adding to an existing contact.

if i am getting a phone call from someone already on my contact list, but they are using a different phone than the one i have listed, TREO let me just past it in!

thanks

Maybe I'm misunderstanding you.  As far as I know, while you are still in the call, you cannot just simply paste the number in to an existing contact.

What I do know is, after the call, you can go to the call log and long press the new number, select "add to contacts" and  > > >  "... either create a new one (first option at the top of the screen) orscroll through the list to select an existing contact."  It will then add that number to your existing contact and let you select the type of number it is ie. Home, Mobile, Work ...

0 Likes
SteveDice

i will try it. Thanks

0 Likes