problem with multiples of the same number for each contact
leader0101
Enthusiast - Level 3

so i recently got a new droid phone running 2.1 and i imported all my contacts to it from my memory card.

when i did it, it looked like it did it without a prolbme, but when i went in to edit some of the contacts i had, there are like 2 or 3 pages of the same contact information for that one person.

its not a major problem bc it still shows up one copy of the multiple same number that i have for each contact but i have no way to remove them.

so what do i do to fix this?

example in case no one gets this:

i go in and i select my friend jake barns (fake name). i het the menu button and select edit contact. when it goes into the screen with all his information it has like 3 sections full of the same info over and over again.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: problem with multiples of the same number for each contact
leader0101
Enthusiast - Level 3

ok figured out a way to clear it. went to the google gmail acount and looked at my contacts and had alot of them with multiples of the same number under the same name. so just deleted the copies and kept one and it fixed it on my phone in a jiffy lol

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: problem with multiples of the same number for each contact
leader0101
Enthusiast - Level 3

ok figured out a way to clear it. went to the google gmail acount and looked at my contacts and had alot of them with multiples of the same number under the same name. so just deleted the copies and kept one and it fixed it on my phone in a jiffy lol

0 Likes