post OTA 2.2 Update on Ally - Corporate Calendar & Corp Contacts are missing
AngieAVZW

Good Morning!

I received the OTA update this AM, first thing I did was go through and see which apps icons were "busted" (so far, none... yay!), went in and moved all allowable apps to the SD Card because i got that damned "low on disk space" notification immediately (yay!).

so far the only issue is, my Corporate Calendar and Corporate Contacts icons have disappeared, and they aren't showing in my full apps list. On my main home page I have icons for Gmail, Calendar and Contacts on one row; and Email, Corp Calendar and Corp Contacts on another... for work.

We use Exchange/Outlook; and we use ConnectWise for our billing & ticketing; which is tied into Exchange (the owner can't get a decent demo for the ConnectWise Android App from CW before committing to the $$). If I schedule work in ConnectWise, it is added to my Exchange Calendar, and after syncing appears on my phone (which is great because if the user is at a jobsite and that info has been entered in the appropriate fields it links to Google Maps, so I can open the calendar entry and click on the Map link and get navigation to the jobsite).

so after all this long-winded explanation... what happened to the Corp Calendar/Contacts, and can i get them back????

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: post OTA 2.2 Update on Ally - Corporate Calendar & Corp Contacts are missing
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

I see in other cases (Motorola Droid) that the calendars were combined with 2.2.  Check that out first.  Hope it's working and please repost.  If you are low on space, you might want to check and resolve any other causes besides apps.  Thousands of text messages?  I just read a phone review on here where a teenager ran 16000 texts/mo.  Wow.  There are backup apps for that and also delete apps if that is a problem.  Caches can also grow large; you can manage those and clear them.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: post OTA 2.2 Update on Ally - Corporate Calendar & Corp Contacts are missing
steveanderson13
Contributor - Level 2

I see in other cases (Motorola Droid) that the calendars were combined with 2.2.  Check that out first.  Hope it's working and please repost.  If you are low on space, you might want to check and resolve any other causes besides apps.  Thousands of text messages?  I just read a phone review on here where a teenager ran 16000 texts/mo.  Wow.  There are backup apps for that and also delete apps if that is a problem.  Caches can also grow large; you can manage those and clear them.

0 Likes
MelissaN
Enthusiast - Level 2

I too lost my corporate contacts and calendar icons. 

As steveanderson mentioned, the calendars are now combined.  If you go into LG Calendar which is now the only calendar on your phone your corporate calendar events should be synced to that.  Also you will see if you put in a new entry you will have the option to save it as a corporate calendar entry or personal.

I have found that when you open a new e-mail in corporate e-mail and touch the icon next to the
“To” field that looks like a person with a plus sign that will bring up corporate contacts to search, select and add to the e-mail.  That featured seemed to not work before 2.2 update.

I am not sure if there is a way to split the calendars again or to get the icon back to access corporate contacts, but I like being able to combine my personal and corporate calendar and I like that I can finally search and add a corporate contact from a new e-mail.   

So hope this at least helps you use the features until you find out if you can split them/get the icons back.

Also I just had to do a factory reset on my phone right before this update, and haven’t added a lot of stuff back to my phone, so I think if these were space issues I would not have them. 

0 Likes
AngieAVZW

Steve,

thanks for the suggestions. I've gotten rather adept at playing the space game; the size of the update put it in "the danger zone" but once I was able to actually utilize the SD Card (which was failing on the Ally prior to the 2.2 update) I moved a bunch of apps over and cleared cache, etc.

I use the History Eraser App at least once every couple of weeks to clear out msgs, call logs, browser cache, search history, etc

the Calendar is combined. I'm not very happy about it, I actually like having separate calendars, but I'll deal.

0 Likes