possible to save texts & calendar info???
Jaseitzinger

I currently have a droid maxx that I've had for over a year. I still have my old droid cell that I was using before my current one. I still have my calendars and text messages on my old cell that I do not want to lose. I developed health problems that have effected my memory & the thought of losing so much of my info that is important to me, is upsetting. My sister is having financial trouble and would like to use my old phone. I can't give it to her until I miss my info off of it. Verizon is telling me that it is not possible! Any advice or info anyone can help me when?!!!! Please!! I have tooooo much info to actually manually transfer it! There are over three years of input's and logs! Help!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: possible to save texts & calendar info???
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your old phone is compatible with Motorola Migrate, you should be able to download it from the Play Store via wi-fi:

Motorola Migrate - Android Apps on Google Play

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There are several applications in the Play Store to backup and transfer SMS from one phone to another. The calendar might be trickier, but there should be something.

Is Motorola Migrate available on your phone? You might be able to use that application to transfer everything.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jaseitzinger

Thank you! I'm going to look into Motorola migrate now. I had actually taken my phone into a Verizon wireless store and they told me it wasn't possible. Don't you think they might have told me there were possible apps that could help me!!

0 Likes
Jaseitzinger

No, I don't have Motorola migrate on my old cell though and since I no longer have service connected that phone anymore, I can't download it. I have it on my new droid. Ughhh! I am so frustrated!!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

If your old phone is compatible with Motorola Migrate, you should be able to download it from the Play Store via wi-fi:

Motorola Migrate - Android Apps on Google Play

0 Likes
Jaseitzinger

Okay, so I was able to download Motorola migrate on my old cell, once I hooked it back up to WiFi. And I was successful at transferring my text messages ... Thank you so much!!!

But it did not transfer my calendar info to my new cell. Any other ideas please!?!

Thanks!

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You might try searching the Play Store for an app that does calendar backup and restore.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It is possible to download Google Calendar.  Then let it integrate that older phones calendar into it.  Then you will have a saved calendar of all your events and dates for which you can open on your present phone with G Calendar.  This is all good if you use Google Calendar.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If the events are saved to the phone only calendar, they won't sync with the Google account. The pre-installed calendar app would already sync with the Google account if the events are saved to the Google/Gmail account calendar.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Sorry, I guess I thought if the LG G2 could do it that maybe the Moto Droid Maxx could as well.  My Google Calendar app allows me to import my phone calender into the app, which then syncs to my Google Calender, then lets me access that calender from any android I'm logged into.

0 Likes