phone sending text on its own
ram15

I have an S5. Yesterday I picked it up to send a text message and when I opened the messages, I saw a conversation I didn’t recognize. I opened it and, by the looks of the conversation, it shows that I sent a text message to the number 2635 and the message was   /T:f21bf97b-62ef-4dcf-97c5-6acc0c90dcea/ /R:53ff8d11e4b0027adb6ceb77/ Problem is, I never sent that message…so I’m curious as to how that could have shown up? Does that mean my phone was hacked somehow (not sure if that even happens?) or is there some other kind of bug within my phone? What do you think?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: phone sending text on its own
AppleJ_Johnson
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is connected to the NFL Mobile app on the device. I updated my app yesterday and today I found the same message as you had received, it is my understanding it is a verification for usage of the app.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi ram15- Let's get to the bottom of this and ensure your device4 security! Are you using the native messaging application or a 3rd party download? Had you recently downloaded, updated or loaded any apps before this message arrived?

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
ram15

no 3rd party messaging download. I have downloaded apps..and I did download one yesterday (sports center), however, I cannot remember whether it was before or after that text message appeared. I generally don't update any apps manually, they usually just update themselves when needed.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I think it was the sports (NFL ) app -  see this thread on another forum:  My phone sent an SMS that I did not send

0 Likes
AppleJ_Johnson
Enthusiast - Level 1

It is connected to the NFL Mobile app on the device. I updated my app yesterday and today I found the same message as you had received, it is my understanding it is a verification for usage of the app.

0 Likes
AppleJ_Johnson
Enthusiast - Level 1

Excuse me, the same message that your phone has sent out! I apologize I should have proof read my message! "/

0 Likes