pantech breakout losing connection
macd723

I have seen some other people with this problem, but none of the fixes really helped me. I have a Pantech Breakout, and i live in an area right between a 4G and 3G signal. if i just leave the phone not connected to computer, i get either one steady. but as soon as i tether the phone to computer, my connection only lasts about 30 seconds, then drops off. If i wait, it will go to 4G, then drop off, then back to 3 or 4G then drop off again. I've deleted battery saver programs, games, signal boosters, tried setting the cdma/lte to cdma only, and changing from automatic to home. i also turned off privacy. still getting the same problem. is there anything else besides a hard reset? there are things on my phone i don't want to have to redownload. this is making me rip my hair out and want to throw phone at wall.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: pantech breakout losing connection
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That would drive me bonkers as well, macd723. Quite honestly, you have done a lot of troubleshooting on your end, that I would do myself. In all honesty, that really leaves the last option of the factory reset. I know you mentioned not wanting to redownload certain things. If they can be transferred to your SD card, that would save you the issue of having to download them again. You can get to that area by going to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > and then selecting either Download or All. Search for the application you wish to transfer and see if it gives you the option to transfer to your SD card.

If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to ask us. We'd be more than happy to help.

Thank you and take care!

NicandroN_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
macd723

thank you very much, but i already reset it. and i transferred my apps to the sd card, but they didn't come back up. so i had to go to the playstore and redownload. factory reset didn't do the job. the signal still resets as i sit and watch it. i can hold my friends verizons iphone next to mine, he'll have 3G with 5 bars, and i'll have a circle with the cross and 3 bars. it does it even more often when i connect to my computer to use my phone as a modem. and i'm past my one year mark, so i can't exchange it. i know i will never buy another pantech device again. guess i'll have to put up with it for one more year till my contract is over. but then i'm going with at&t or sprint. this phone and the signal has left a bad taste in my mouth. no one at verizon on the phone or at the store seems to care that i have to pay for one more year on a phone that doesn't do what it's supposed to do.

thanks anyway,

Mark.

0 Likes
sarah719

We had this problem with several of our Pantech Breakouts.  A tech ended up sending us new sim cards and this solved the problem.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi macd723!

I am sorry to see that a factory reset did not resolved the issue. I understand you are past the manufacturers warranty. Do you have in surance on your phone? If so,  you may qualify for an insurance replacement. Review insurance replacement details http://goo.gl/3Abur online.

AntonioC_VZWSupport
Follow us on Twitter at www.twitter.com/VZWSupport

0 Likes
macd723

well, i got a new sim card, but didn't help. even factory reset my phone and that didn't work. this is causing me so many problems. i do not have insurance, therefore cannot get a replacement. i know i will never get another pantech product. i have to suffer with this phone until my contract is up. this is stupid. i cannot get a new phone or get this one repaired even though it's a bad product. i understand i didn't get the insurance, but i couldn't see spending $100 deductible on a $50 (after mail in rebate) phone. i will continue to steer people away from pantech products. when i do get a new one, i am gonna smash this one. it only good for making calls, and then it's iffy. not a very smart smart phone.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I don't want you to be at a loss with the device macd723. Due to the device being out of the one year warranty we're able to provide on behalf of the manufacture and no insurance options I recommend you contact Pantech directly to 800-229-1235. They can normally offer our customers a repair option since the replacement is no longer available. Make sure you let them know the SIM Card has been replaced as well.

I did want to find out though, you expressed this mainly happens when using the phone as a modem. Do you turn on the Mobile Hotspot function or do you use an application for this option? Please provide the details as to how you use it as a modem so we can eliminate any other possible causes.

Thank you,
MariaC_VZW
Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes