overheating + other issues
Dee102077

I have noticed that I am not the  only person having issues with over heating and not sending texts along with other problems.  Does anyone have any idea how to correct these issues I have contacted Verizon several times and they help by sending me another device. however I keep having the same problems.  I am on my 4th replacement since March of this year. I just want a different phone that wont have all these issues but still has the same quality of camera thats really the only reason I go tthe phone anyway. someone please help any advice is accepted. thanks in advance

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: overheating + other issues
firesafetybear
Contributor - Level 3

Can you please tell us which device you currently have? Please and thank you.

0 Likes
Dee102077

I do apologize it is a LG G2 . I loved it when I first got the it but now I honestly think they are a bad design/batch/model whatever ya want to call it because the same things keep happening. Thank you

0 Likes
firesafetybear
Contributor - Level 3

Just to make sure, this isn't the new G3, but the G2 that was released last year?

When I had one, I didn't experience much overheating. What apps are you running, what is your brightness set at, etc when it starts to overheat?

0 Likes
Dee102077

it is the G2. and it does it at different times even when im talking on the phone. taking pics texting  basically anytime i use the phone longer than a minute. literally

plus sometimes my texts dont go thru so I have to forward or resend them.  so yea theres my problems.  my apps are the ones that came with it except for a game and music. basic stuff. thanks again oh and my brightness is auto adjust

0 Likes
firesafetybear
Contributor - Level 3

That's interesting. I would go into chat, and talk to them and see if there is anything they could do for you. You could ask about their upgrading to a new phone at full retail and they may be able to give you a credit towards it. Ranging from $200-$300. That would extend your contract one year, but you'll be able to save on a new device. If not, then hopefully a replacement will work soon. If you've performed resets, new phones, etc, then that is definitely odd, but could be ultimately from a bad software batch.

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

Same thing on 4 phones huh?  Same sim? If it struggles to connect to network it can have those symptoms

0 Likes
Re: overheating other issues
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dee102077, Let's get your phone working! We surely don't want you with a phone that is overheating. When did this issue begin? What happens when you try sending a text message? Please try running your LG G2 in Safe Mode:http://vz.to/1DXs22b. Any change? 

TanishaS1_VZW

Follow us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
Dee102077

Hey firesafetybear i have tried contacting LG and Verizon neither  of them will let me change phones all they want to do is continue to send out refurbished G2s and I am at a loss as to what to do because I cant afford to just go out and buy another phone since this one is still under warranty. thanks for your in put tho. greatly appreciatedSmiley Happy

0 Likes