omg... its scary!!
cariann19731

so, as a lot of you have expressed, the lollipop update has ruined my battery life. I have to plug my phone in twice as much as I did before and, it seems to take twice as long to charge. Also, my phone has become possessed, it shuts itself down, freezes and I evem have to take battery out and put back in just so it would unfreeze. ive noticed that I don't seem to keep my signal as strong as before and I had to put my phone on speaker when talking tpo someone because the ones I talking to claim they cant hear me.

well, if you think that is bad, I can top it even more UNFORTUNATELY.

I plugged my phone in the drop cord plug I always do in livingroom last night. I also had my Nook HD Plus plugged in charging. Well to make long story shorter, my galaxy S% got soo hot when charging, it shut itself down and hasn't come back on. when I unplugged the cord from my battery port, the inside of the port came out with the plug and likerally crumbled. my phone was HOT to the touch. also my nook plugged into the same cord overheated and it wont turn back on or charge now!! I called Verizon and they said that it should be considered a manufacturers defect but, since the port gone noew it considered damaged so I have to pay the deductible to get phone replaced thru insurance because I will automatically be charged $500 orthe other choice is to drive 45 min away and take phone to corporate store personally so they replace it right there. WOW, it could of started a fire and done some severv harm ( well I no phone or nook so it caused me harm for sure)and now I gotta jump thru all these inconvenient hoops. my prot is scorched and the back cover feels like it is thinner if that makes sense. I am scared that this will happen again. I wondering if when I get it replaced, will they give me ANY other phone since galaxy S5 seems the phone with all the difficulties??

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: omg... its scary!!
Snn5
Legend

Your post confuses me.  You used a plug and cord designed for another device to charge your S5?  So, if that happened then you would need to pay a deductible to get a replacement (don't update this time.)  If a store will replace it on site, go for it.  If it wasn't your fault, and I read your post wrong, then a replacement under warranty would be the way to go.  Unfortunately, unless you are offered an Early Edge you will get the same model again, BUT even under Early Edge, you must return your current phone in working and undamaged shape, so....you MIGHT could go that route if you got a warranty replacement via free (no fault) exchange or deductible-required (at fault) replacement or manufacturer's repair.

0 Likes
cariann19731

no I used the original charger and cord that came with phone but it was plugged into a surge protector cord along with the nook. I guess I upset that I no license so it hard to get to corporate store instead the local store just 10 miles away. and sucks that I no phone til I can get a ride there and ruined the nook also. I just thankful it didn't start a big fire or anything. I also glad I kept the box cause they said I had to take phone to store with original battery, charger and in original box if I even want them to consider it. I guess the main reason for this post was so others are aware and not get hurt like I easily could of

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Oh ok, faulty surge protector.  That would be accidental for sure.

0 Likes
cariann19731

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000as far as I can tell surge protecter is working fine. I am using it as I type this. it isn't warm at all and wasn't last night either. since update my phone has gotten hotter than it ever should no matter where plugged in. I think it was the phone that got too hot but, I may be wrong. also, the phone only thing hot and scorched and melted.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

This part makes me wonder about your surge strip: 

also my nook plugged into the same cord overheated and it wont turn back on or charge now!!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

yeah, that part of the report was the thing that made me puzzle as well.

is it a surge protector strip, or is it an invertor / UPS? if two devices got damaged plugged into the thing, one's first reaction would be to refrain from using it again. however, it's possible this person's electrical service to their home went beyond nominal for a period of time, i.e. a step-down transformer in the neighborhood is failing.