notification
suelippert
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi, my name is Sue.  I have cool down notification pop up I can't get rid of the little guy, how can I get rid of it?  I've updated android 5.0 yesterday, it had mass up everything on my phone, I went in to Verizon today and had one tach wiped out my phone completely,  u still see that notification,  could you help please, it's bothering me. Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: notification
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

First start by doing a System cache clear and than to step two below:

Wipe Cache Partition - Samsung Galaxy S® 5

Warning Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    Note If the device doesn't respond to input, remove then re-insert the battery.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the left edge near the top) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
  3. While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until 'RECOVERY BOOTING' appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
  4. Select wipe cache partition.
    Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  5. Select reboot system now.
    Note Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now procede to step two:    

Reset All Settings - Samsung Galaxy S® 5

[Device-Specific Instructions]

Restoring your device to default settings helps when the device crashes and resets itself or when apps freeze/hang or reset the device. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.

Caution Performing these steps resets all system settings (e.g. ringtones, sound settings, display settings, etc.) back to their default values. Personal data such as downloaded apps and media (pictures, videos, music) are not affected.

1. From a Home screen, tap Apps Applications icon (located in the lower right).
    Note These instructions apply to Standard mode only.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap Backup and reset.
  4. Tap Reset settings.
  5. Tap Reset settings.
  6. From the Warning prompt, tap OK to confir

You may still have some minor problems for 2 to 3 days, but as the system settles down your minor issues should go away.   Smiley Happy

Added:

Software Update Software Upgrade Assistant (Samsung) | Verizon Wireless

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: notification
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

First start by doing a System cache clear and than to step two below:

Wipe Cache Partition - Samsung Galaxy S® 5

Warning Performing a wipe cache partition removes any temporary files that may be causing an issue with the device. All personal files and settings are not affected by this option.

1. Ensure the device is powered off.
    Note If the device doesn't respond to input, remove then re-insert the battery.
  2. Press and hold the Volume Up button (located on the left edge near the top) and the Home button (located at the bottom in the middle).
  3. While continuing to hold the Home and Volume Up buttons, press and hold the Power button (located on the right edge) until 'RECOVERY BOOTING' appears in the upper left then release all buttons.
  4. Select wipe cache partition.
    Note Utilize the Volume Up/Down buttons to highlight and the Power button to select.
  5. Select reboot system now.
    Note Option is highlighted, utilize the Power button to select.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now procede to step two:    

Reset All Settings - Samsung Galaxy S® 5

[Device-Specific Instructions]

Restoring your device to default settings helps when the device crashes and resets itself or when apps freeze/hang or reset the device. Our Troubleshooting Assistant can help you with other device issues if you aren't currently using the tool.

Caution Performing these steps resets all system settings (e.g. ringtones, sound settings, display settings, etc.) back to their default values. Personal data such as downloaded apps and media (pictures, videos, music) are not affected.

1. From a Home screen, tap Apps Applications icon (located in the lower right).
    Note These instructions apply to Standard mode only.
  2. Tap Settings.
  3. Tap Backup and reset.
  4. Tap Reset settings.
  5. Tap Reset settings.
  6. From the Warning prompt, tap OK to confir

You may still have some minor problems for 2 to 3 days, but as the system settles down your minor issues should go away.   Smiley Happy

Added:

Software Update Software Upgrade Assistant (Samsung) | Verizon Wireless

0 Likes