no email notifications after lollipop
piccolotsk
Enthusiast - Level 2

My galaxy S4 is no longer showing email notifications after upgrading to lollipop. I do have the email notifications turned on. I am using the native email app and have not had a problem previously. I have tried wiping the cache partition, doing a battery pull, and deleting my email account and adding it as new.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Likes
Re: no email notifications after lollipop
piccolotsk
Enthusiast - Level 2

Still no response from Verizon! Still not working! I wish it was possible to revert back to kitkat. Although I like lollipop, email notifications are a priority that are far more important than the added features!

robert002
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have an LG G2 and after the Lollipop update battery life was horrible, no notifications from email and sometimes texts, pictures were upside down sometimes and they changed Do Not Disturb to no notifications and after it was supposed to come back on from a scheduled time it wither went to vibrate or just didn't turn my sounds back on at all. Plus, it would not allow priority and favorite calls to go through as it used to do under Kitkat. I was on the phone with Verizon this past Friday night for 45 minutes and they had me to a factory reset under their guidance.  On Saturday, the Verizon support rep did call me back as he said he would and we were on the phone for about an hour and a half after another factory reset and he finally sent me a new LG G2. 'No interruptions' still didnt work, sounds did not turn on and a few other problems popped up during that last call. I received my new G2 and it tried to update to Lollipop and I do not allow it to do so and guess what?  Everything works as it did before the update and i'm keeping Kitkat until they come up with a patch for Lollipop. Hey Google, when will this be fixed? (Since i'm sure it's not a Verizon problem).

0 Likes
johnc71490
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem with no email notificatiins on my s4 as well. also email generally is sluggish and fails to load at times. I should know better than to allow these updates. wish i could uninstall!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Piccolotsk, I understand just wanting to have the same joy that you originally had with your device. It saddens me to hear that the new software update is not working out for you and is affecting the notifications on your phone.

I know that you mentioned you  would like to revert to the previous software; however, the devices are unable to move back within software. I wish we had the ability for this to be done but it is an irreversible process once it’s completed.  As we want you to have the best device experience! http://vz.to/1Isp89s will be updated if new software becomes available.

I appreciate you writing in to us. I wish there was more I could advise to you to make the situation better. I want to thank you for your understanding and for being a Verizon Wireless valued customer.

TakendraW_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
robert002
Enthusiast - Level 2

Reps at 2 different Verizon stores ( 1 a company store and 1 a reseller) agreed that everything is horrible after receiving Lollipop.zthey finally sent me a new G2. I received my new phone and it has 4.4.2 on it and it's staying that way until they get Lollipop fixed. It asks me to update everyday and I just put it off to the next day and so far so good. And what is amazing is that everything works as it should. Maybe Verizon reps and their apologists that post on here should be working with whoever rolled this awful product out and get it fixed instead of asking us (that pay your salary) to try this or try that when you know well and good it is a horrible, horrible update.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Your G2 will auto-update after 4-6 weeks.  Several I know of updated automatically overnight.

0 Likes
robert002
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hopefully by then they will have rolled out an update to fix this mess.

lightman777

I agree.  This is unacceptable.  We use Verizon because it is supposed to be the best.  Now I can't even be notified if I get a simple email?  Ridiculous.  This needs resolved ASAP!  Do they not test anything before rolling out these updates?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

To be fair, Verizon touts its network as the best, not the device software.  But yes, software should work on a phone if the phone is to work on the network.

0 Likes