Re: no 4g if wifi available
zcraigs
Enthusiast - Level 3

You get 10 points for this answer. You get another 9 for being partially correct. And you get 1000 for being more helpful than Vzw tech support. I tried the Vzw text app and it worked! My only retort would be that before the update I was able to use the turbo to send MMS  on the extender. Did the update eliminate the 3g-ness of the phone?

0 Likes
Not applicable

If you have 4G in your area then why would you want use 3G? All 4G phones default to 4G. You only get 3G you're not getting a 4G signal. Also if you're using wi-fi it wouldn't matter you're not using either.

0 Likes
zcraigs
Enthusiast - Level 3

i do have 4g in my area, but i need the network extender in my house due to poor reception.

0 Likes
Not applicable

zcraigs wrote:

i do have 4g in my area, but i need the network extender in my house due to poor reception.

But you said you have wi-fi which you can use for data. Phone service goes over 1x not 3G

0 Likes
zcraigs
Enthusiast - Level 3

the network extender does phone and 3g data. up until the 4.4.4 update I was able to use the 3g to send mms using the network extender. then when the update happened the droid turbo did not recognized the network extender to send mms. I was not using the vzw messenging app. and when somebody sent me a mms, it wouldnt go over the wifi. Ive since switched to the vzw app cuz you said that it allows mms over wifi (thanks for that info)

0 Likes