nexus one
goulsy

any word when the nexus one will be available on verizon?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: nexus one
willanaya
Contributor - Level 3

goulsy wrote:

there is currently an injunction against HTC and Apple where HTC cannot import any nexus one phones until Apple can present their case against HTC's possible violations of patent infringement.

also HTC is being sued by a company in Oregon because the Nexus One is copyrighted.

so, i say by late Q2, maybe?

0 Likes
jjbecket

This is in no way ment to be a fact...but honestly. There has to be a reason why N1 and the Incredible have yet to be seen on big red. All we have is rumor this and rumor that and yet sprint comes out with a killer of a phone in the EVO...and big red says...

zilch

Im getting sick of this. I have a blackberry brick...oh, no thats not right. Sorry....storm. They might have well called it the puddle. Storm....this phone is the worst. About all it does right is get me my mail. Big whop.

If Big Red didnt have the only service in NYC id be outta here faster then you can say fourgettaboudid.....but they have me by the

well....you know.

All i want is their...a N1 i can hold in a store to see if i want it

...an incredible that has all the cool features of the EVO

...or an iphone HD from big red

The first two i think will happen

The last one might happen if i see a flock of pigs flying out me window

0 Likes
sranger

willanaya wrote:

goulsy wrote:

there is currently an injunction against HTC and Apple where HTC cannot import any nexus one phones until Apple can present their case against HTC's possible violations of patent infringement.

also HTC is being sued by a company in Oregon because the Nexus One is copyrighted.

so, i say by late Q2, maybe?

This is not accurate.  There can be NO injunction until there is a hearing on the issue.  HTC has up to 3 months to respond to the Apple complaint.  After that Apple will have to present their evidence and then ( and only then ) a hearing can be set up.  The entire process takes up to 18 months....

It is not legal to assume guilt simply because a case is filed.  Even in America, I am pretty sure a compay is allowed to defend it self.

There is enough mis-information about this already.  No need to spread more...

Here is a more credible link:

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6310SS20100402?type=technologyNews

0 Likes
hope12839
Enthusiast - Level 2

I say forget about the Nexus One; it's already outdated!! Verizon should get either the HTC EVO or the HTC HD2 as they are even nicer than the Nexus One! They have a huge 4.3" capacitive touchscreen and 1ghz, etc. plus all the features of the Nexus One as well. T-Mobile already has the HTC-HD2 and for only $199 with a 2yr plan. Too bad T-Mobile doesn't have good coverage where I live.

0 Likes
techninja

I agree. Verizon taking so long with the Nexus it'll be old news. The only phones people will even mention are the HD2, Sprint EVO and the new Iphone. Man, I wish I worked in marketing for one of these companies.

0 Likes
mark12

I called Verizon customer service today, to inquire about the release dates on N1and HTC incredible. According to him, they have release dates for both phones. I asked why are u guys so secretive?!?! He claimed that verizon doesnt want any info to leak to their competition. We were talking about my current phone(BB Curve)and how I need to upgrade soon, as its ready to take a dump. He said hang in there till end of Month!!He said I cant give you release dates, but check online sometime before May 1st!! I have been reading all kinds of rumors for the past few months on these phones, and I hate rumors, but i thought I would share this info with everyone, SO if they are right that would be in a couple weeks. Cross your fingers..............................

0 Likes
dabubbakin
Contributor - Level 3

Lots of us in the same boat... My contracts up May1st and thats also when I go on vacation. Picking out a phone while on vacation is the last thing I want to do. But the day before I leave and nothing comes out..............WOW am I going to ticked off. I'll walk out of my local Verizon store and toss a new Droid from upgrade on the roof, walk back in and claim it's stolen.

Been a loyal customer for over ten years now, have written the boss (his slaves wrote back), and still the N1 that is working on other networks is not available. You can't tell me that Google is dragging feet because the sales suck. They (Google) would push this phone out any way they could. Main problem thats sooooooo clear: N1 will hurt HTC Incredible sales. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Verizon is smiling right now because they are releasing N1 on Google for full price right along with the Incredible at the 2yr upgrade price. Tee Hee Verizon I get it.

0 Likes
mark12

ya, ive been a loyal verizon customer for at least 16 years, I started with them back when they were called Air Touch Cellular. If N1 doesnt come out in next couple weeks or even Htc Incredible, I dont knwo what ill do. Everyone says, Quit complaining you waited this long, you can wait a little longer!! I personally cant, my phone is acting up, and have had it over 2 yrs, and really dont want to have to go through Asurion and pay $50 to get a replacement.Anyways

0 Likes
PimpinDexter

IN regards to the comment about “Verizon not releasing dates because of its competitors”

I strongly believe, release dates don’t affect competitions. I believe it’s more of the service you offer to your customers. I Would stick with Verizon over any other company at the moment. Service Wise

Phone Wise I believe ATT and Sprints have some nice options

Plan Wise: Sprints I have to say has the best plan with that Mobile to Mobile free.

I’v been with Verizon too long to be moving around, and I have yet to be disappointed by their service. There as with all other companies could be some room for improvement.

On the Nexus One note. I would have to agree the phone is outdated already. Verizon please try to keep up, I have yet to see something innovating “Besides the Storm” that has been released.

Phones do draw attention. The Younger crowed I believe is the easiest target to attract.

0 Likes