nexus 6 lost voice, still have data
Jebnar

I got my new phone a couple of days ago.  It had been stuck on 3g data access but now it lists LTE.  Unfortunately now I have no voice \ telephone service but text messaging and data access works.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: nexus 6 lost voice, still have data
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is strange, Jebnar! The entire point of a Cellular phone is to receive and make phone calls. Let's get your calls flowing. What happens when you try to make/receive a call? What zip code are you in? Is anyone else having the same issue with voice calls ?

JorgeO_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jebnar

Making a call results in "Call Ended" flashing where dialing would normally be.  It isn't a service interruption, others are able to make calls.  I did notice that my APN switched from "EHRPD - Verizon Internet" to "LTE - Verizon Internet".  I've tried changing it back and using other options but still no voice service.

I called customer service and we put the phone into safe mode to make sure an app wasn't causing the problem and had the same result.  I also uninstalled the "Advanced Signal Status" app I downloaded yesterday which was the only new system modification. The tech ultimately recommended trying a new sim card.

0 Likes
Jebnar

I got a new SIM card tonight - still not working.

A factory reset did not help either.

0 Likes
Jebnar

There is another person with a similar problem.

Nexus 6 won't answer calls

0 Likes
markperloe

The surprising issue is that it took 5 days to escalate and even at the highest level we need to try and solve this in the forum rather than be offered more than Dial #832 so we can track your dropped calls.

0 Likes
Jebnar

I also tried entering recovery mode (volume down + power) last night and performed a factory reset from there.  Still no luck.

0 Likes
markperloe

I just got a call from the Southeast regional presidents office. Let's hope that gets me closer to a resolution.

0 Likes
Jebnar

I believe the solution is here:

[Resolved] Accidentally set radio to USA band on Nexus 6 | Android Forums

It basically says to reflash the firmware.  The solution listed may void the warranty so I'm going to get in touch with Google and see what they have to say on what the "official" process is. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

markperloe We know how important it is for a physician to have a reliable phone. If 95% of your calls are dropping then we need our network team to invesitgate the problem this will take as our engineers have to take their time and provide a solution. We appreciate the many years you've been with us and we're sure this call issue will be resolved as soon as possible.

SheritaH_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes