my wifi passwords reset
gagcas2
Enthusiast - Level 2

hi.  so i have the Note 2 and in the last week i am finding that alot of my stored wifi passwords for different places that i am in on a weekly basis and been lost and i am having to re-enter the passwords again.  and in last month my text alert tones and tones for various other things have reset back to default all on thier own and the default is a silent ..no tone at all.  so im not seeing that i have anything till i happen to look at phone and see missed texts and messages.  and because i have the note 2..i havent gotten the new kitkat update yet so i know its not that.  any ideas.  verizon???

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: my wifi passwords reset
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That definitely sounds like a strange issue gagcas2! Do you recall the addition of any new applications since this issue began? Have you completed a full reset/restore on the device? Please keep us posted, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes
gagcas2
Enthusiast - Level 2

no new apps added...after having numerous bugs after the 4.3 update i got at beginning of the year...numerous trips to the store to speak with a rep that cant tell me anything...order a nice new refurbished phone for a phone thats less than a year old... that  its a glitch and to wait for the update waiting to roll out now for kitkat...that god only knows when Verizon will send to the Note 2...yes i have done numerous resets...at the pain in the rear that they are...and still nothing.  and quite frankly im getting tired of the standard pull SIM card...battery pull...factory reset...yadda yadda that i keep getting.  because #1.. they never fix anything...and #2  i shouldn't have to factory reset my phone every time it gets an issue because resetting it back up is totally not worth the headache that it takes to reset it back to what i had before doing the factory reset.  i wish Verizon would seriously figure out the glitches...and fix them. i cant get my wifi to stay "stable" instead of "your wifi connection is unstable"  whether im sitting on top of the various routers it does it to or not...alerts tones disappear....after having my phone off all night, i cant receive any texts that came thru while it is off...UNTILL i send a text first etc...ya it is quite a common know issue that apparently a factory reset wont fix

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

gagcas2,

I can understand your concers. We are not sure of when the KitKat update will come to the Note 2. The software updates come from the manufacturer of the device. You can stay up to date here with latest news here: http://bit.ly/n5snpq Are you having any kind of issues with the device not connecting to the mobile network? Have you been able to remove the wi-fi networks from the device and connect to the wi-fi network. You can always do that here: http://vz.to/1nT9PhO Please keep us posted.

KevinR_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes