my phone was reset to factory default
sorensenhp

Apparently the Lg G3 has a setting that resets the phone to factory default when the lock code is incorrectly entered too many times, so now I've lost all of my apps, contacts, pictures, and settings. Everything was reset. Is there a way I can recovery everything, and how do I turn that reset setting off?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: my phone was reset to factory default
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Log back into your Google account; your apps will be available for download in the playstore, and if you backed up your contacts, they should sync when you log in.  I wold advise having a good wifi connection when you do this, as the apps and backup may start automatically and could use a big chunk of data if you  are not on wifi.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Log back into your Google account; your apps will be available for download in the playstore, and if you backed up your contacts, they should sync when you log in.  I wold advise having a good wifi connection when you do this, as the apps and backup may start automatically and could use a big chunk of data if you  are not on wifi.

0 Likes
technoho

I am having the same issue with my Galaxy S4.  I had no idea entering the password incorrectly too many times would reset to factory defaults.  I lost all settings, contacts, photos, apps.  My 2 questions.  How do I get these all back?  How do I turn off this option to go back to factory settings?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear you lost your information technoho. We're happy to help you recover the information that was backed up. All you have to do is launch your Play Store, select the menu icon in play store not the phone. Then, select My Apps; you will see your Apps there and the option to re-download. Automatic factory reset cannot be disabled since it's a security feature.

AdaS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter at @VZWSupport 

0 Likes