my moto x doesn't receive pictures from iPhone under certain circumstances (not an end of iPhone use issue)
motoxuser

Since I've had the motox, almost 4 months, I have been unable to receive MMS messaged from any iphone users when they send a text and a picture together.

Messages from the 4s and 5 don't come in (not tested with other versions)

I can view the picture if I download the attachment but can't view as a slideshow or if I forward it to myself.

I've tried clearing the cache, restarting, and deleting the contact on both ends. I do not want to use hangouts

Sorry if if this is a repeat. I couldn't figure out how to post in the existing thread.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: my moto x doesn't receive pictures from iPhone under certain circumstances (not an end of iPhone use issue)
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Are you receiving the messages at all? How can you not be receiving the MMS if you are able to download the attachment?

I personally have not been having the same issue with receiving MMS messages from iPhone users.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: my moto x doesn't receive pictures from iPhone under certain circumstances (not an end of iPhone use issue)
motoxuser

I can get MMS when its just a picture. The problem only seems to happen when the picture has a text message with it. The picture comes through as a great box with a white triangle (play symbol)

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Does sending one to yourself work? Is the cellular (3G or 4G) on when this occurs?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
motoxuser

Happens on 4g, 3g, and WiFi. It works when I send to myself. Like I said, I've only noticed it from iphones. I'm the only non-iphone user in my circle of family and friends.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help has arrived motoxuser! We understand how important messaging can be. Did you have an iPhone previously to having this phone? If you did please go to your old phone and deregister your phone number. Settings>Messages> and turn off iMessages.

If you do not have the old device you can contact Apple support at Apple.com for further assistance.

RobinD_VZW

Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
motoxuser

This is not that issue. I receive texts from iPhone users all the the time. This issue is with messages when pictures are coupled with text in the same message.  Like this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/MotoX/comments/1ydhxi/problem_receiving_picture_message_mms_with_the/

And

https://community.verizonwireless.com/mobile/mobile-access.jspa#jive-content?content=%2Fapi%2Fcore%2...

I'm not alone with this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that great information, motoxuser! Are you able to receive picture messages from other users? Please send one to yourself and see if you are able to send and receive one.

RobinD_VZW

0 Likes
motoxuser

Yes I can receive SMS from everyone (including myself). I can receive pictures from everyone when pictures are sent alone. The problem is with MMS when pictures are coupled with text and only from iPhones.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great info! Are you using the stock application or are you using a messaging application? If it is the stock messaging app we encourage you to download an application. One option would be "hangouts".

RobinD_VZW

0 Likes