This could be a costly endeavor. Your daughter need to determine how much her data is worth.
Unless you are good friends with a digital forensics examiner, the only way to bypass the password is with specialized forensics tools like MSAB XRY, Cellebrite UFED, etc. There are hacking tools for this type of job also...
There might be some Motorola support options...no guarantees.
Unless the phone asks for Google sing in info during the 5-10 allowed attempts to enter correct info, then the phone will wipe and she'll have to set up the phone again.
Eaiest thing to do is see how to wipe phone and start over again. Each model of phones works differently. Your phone will be reset and you lose data but this is not the first time I have had to do something like this. Here is what I found
NOTE: Reset will require a minimum battery level of 25%. If you are unable to perform a reset, please charge for 20-30 minutes and try reset again.
1. With the phone powered off, press the VOL DOWN KEY for 2-3 seconds then POWER key then release.
2. The device will display different BOOT OPTIONS
3. Use the VOL DOWN Key to SCROLL to Recovery and VOL UP Key to select
Tip: If the device reboots, you may have waited to long to make a selection, you will need to begin the process again.
4. The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)
5. Press and hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the VOL UP key tap and release the POWER key
Tip: You can try this step, holding the phone in landscape. If you are stuck on step 6, try a force reboot by pressing the Power key and Vol Down key, and start the process again.
6. The device will display additional menu options (Text will appear in BLUE)
7. Use the VOL DOWN Key to scroll to Wipe data / factory reset and the POWER Key to select this option
8. Use the VOL DOWN key again to select YES - delete all user data and press the POWER key to CONFIRM
9. Once the Formatting is complete, press the POWER key to confirm a REBOOT
10. The device will reboot and start the normal power up sequence