I agree, a hard reset does not work. I wish Verizon (or whoever) would

admit there is an issue and at least tell us they are working on fixing

this. Verizon store employees brushed me off like dandruff and when I

brought the problem to their attention.

0 Likes
Re: music skips using bluetooth since lollipop update
caecilia97
Contributor - Level 1

You can try to switch your wifi from "automatic" to 5 GHz to see if that helps at all.

Also, I have found that turning WiFi and WiFi "scanning always available" off can make the skipping go away with bluetooth.

Hope this helps. Let us know.

0 Likes
ctrice
Enthusiast - Level 2

Nope didn't help

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone

0 Likes
caecilia97
Contributor - Level 1

is it all applications for music? or just some of them? And is it when the device is streaming over data network? or locally stored songs also?

0 Likes
ctrice
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've only streamed talk sports radio so it may skip then too but hard to tell. I play locally stored music all the time and that is where they problem lies. If I play same music with aux Jack there is no problem.

ctrice
Enthusiast - Level 2

And I've only used the stock music app on my HTC one m8. Look it's obviously a software issue with the new op system everything was fine until I installed the update

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'm sorry to learn that you continue to experience Bluetooth issues even after a hard reset fordmc01! A hard reset http://spr.ly/6580f5hj is the ultimate troubleshooting step in our list, it may be time to consider a http://spr.ly/6582f5he
Warranty Certified Like-New Replacement. Is there any physical/water damage to your phone?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
ctrice
Enthusiast - Level 2

Why would i get a used phone to replace one that is only 4 months old to rectify what is not a hardware problem. Its

A software problem!

Now if you will replace my phone with one NIB that I might consider.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I enjoy listening to music on my phone so I understand your feelings. Do you have issues with any other bluetooth devices?
SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
raventjk
Enthusiast - Level 2

A lot of people are having this same issue, not just with bluetooth, but with wi-fi as well - see:

https://community.verizonwireless.com/inbox?objectType=2&objectID=1251515

According to other forums, this is a runtime error in the Lollipop android version.  European providers have an update that addresses this issue (v20h), but it does not appear to be available here in the states, at least with Verizon.

Verizon, we need this issue researched thoroughly and fixed - not just doing a factory reset!!!  I don't want to lose my texts and other information!