music skips using bluetooth since lollipop update
ctrice
Enthusiast - Level 2

HTC one m8 phone played music great using bluetooth on my Pioneer stereo before update. Now skips every 10 to 15 seconds. Not usable!  Works fine with aux jack.  When will this be fixed?!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: music skips using bluetooth since lollipop update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ctrice,  We want to make sure your music sounds great and you get the experience you need! Do you have any other Bluetooth devices you can test with this to see if the same thing happens? Does your music work well when playing over the phone's speakers still? Do other things like calls work well over the Bluetooth still?  AndrewT_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
ctrice
Enthusiast - Level 2

Music through phone speaker is fine, Aux jack use is fine. Music skips using bluetooth regardless of device. Have not noticed during phone conversations using bluetooth but since conversations are not non-stop it would be very hard to tell if phone use is affected. Definitely a problem with latest update. I noticed immediatley.

0 Likes
hmwiegele

I am having the exact same problem! Ever since the update my music skips constantly on my LG tone bluetooth headset & my bluetooth stereo adapter. This happens when I'm using the music player & when I'm streaming audio over the mlb at bat app or google play music. I haven't noticed any issues with phone calls so far.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ctrice,  Thanks for the additional info! Does it happen with every song played using bluetooth? Have you done a hard reset since the software update?  JohnB_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
ctrice
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes every song. No hard reset because I don't want to lose everything in my phone

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Smartphone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
ctrice, I can certainly understand that. I would hate to lose information from my phone as well. However, have no worries. You can back up everything that you currently have saved on the phone with Verizon Cloud. Once backed up, you can perform the reset. Please do so and then keep us posted!   ErinW_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
We want you to enjoy your phone and accessories to the max hmwiegele! Let's explore options to resolve!  Please test in Safe Mode http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-105701/ and keep us posted.  AntonioC_VZW Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport  If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
dijjon
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problem on a Note 3 but only since Lollipop update. I've read on multiple other forums that this is not solved by a hard reset.

fordmc01

I have performed a hard reset on my LG G3 and this does not resolve the issue.  Clearing the data cache doesn't help either.  Very frustrating because I use Bluetooth all the time.

0 Likes