motorola turbo 2 update drained battery
Landi
Enthusiast - Level 2

After completing the second part of the Motorola Droid Turbo 2 system update this week, my battery completely drained. Now it won't charge hold a charge and it takes 8 hours to charge 100%. Any solutions? My entire family has the exact same phone and no one else had this problem with the update. I also tried using their phone chargers to make sure it wasn't a charger issue but that didn't help either; even though they have the exact same charger for the same phone. I tried shutting off my phone to let it charge overnight, and it eventually got to 100%. But the charge drains quickly, even when not in use. Any suggestions?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: motorola turbo 2 update drained battery
smith6612
Community Leader
Community Leader

Try clearing the phone's cache from recovery, and from Settings > Storage > Cached Data (tap this). Make sure your applications are also up to date.

Failing that, back up your data and simply factory reset the device. It's not worth the hassle trying to troubleshoot it for hours, running battery monitors, etc to do so.

Oh, and don't use task killers if you have one. Those things are junk.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It can also take a couple of day to fully optimize the phone after a major OS update.  Clearing the system cache will definitely help as a first step.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Landi
Enthusiast - Level 2

After everything, we ended up having to take it back to the Verizon store. The battery was unable to be charged, even by them. Had to return it as a defective default. What's crap was that the phone was less than 6 months old and they sent us a refurbished phone instead of new to replace a manufacturer's defect. I REALLY thought that sucked but i appreciated your helpful advice.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unless you worked directly with the manufacturer, warranty replacements handled by Verizon Wireless will always be refurbished devices. Your six month old phone was technically a used phone by that time.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Carolynlsp

Meaning that she should have gone through Motorola and not Verizon???

I am having the same problem..

0 Likes