mm-qcamera-daemon
Younglaw81

My camera began malfunctioning a few days ago. Now my battery is draining and it appears to be due to this mm-qcamera-daemon. Is there a fix for this? I have not been able to get in contact with Verizon for any help and the internet hasn't helped at all. None of the fixes I have seen have worked. Help!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: mm-qcamera-daemon
Klue
Master - Level 1

Found this on another Android site. It was dated about a year ago.

HOW TO: Fix mm-qcamera-daemon Battery Draining Bug

Here are a few tips that have been proven to fix this mm-qcamera-daemon process for some time, even permanently for many users:

1. Restart Phone - As soon as you start feeling your phone getting heated up for no reason or experience a significant drop in your battery percentage, we’d recommend you to restart your phone at once before it completely kills your phone with no battery remaining. In most cases, this should fix the problem. You can quickly go over to Settings > Battery and check if this nasty process is showing up in your apps list.

2. Uninstall Camera Apps - Another fix is to uninstall any camera related apps that you have installed recently before the mm-qcamera-daemon process bug started showing up. In a quick search over the Internet, many users have found a fix to this bug by uninstalling Snapchat, Instagram or Skype etc. Obviously, not a permanent solution, but is enough to wait for the official fix in the meanwhile.

3. Android 4.4.3 - This is the last fix — wait for the new Android 4.4.3 update. Google has found a patch to this bug and is expected to release the KitKat update anytime now. but please note, Google has only promised to fix this for the Nexus family of devices. As for users on the official KitKat update on the Samsung Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 3 etc. should contact their OEM for a quick fix. Samsung is known for their slow roll out of updates, but we hope they are quick enough to release the patch as soon as Google does it.

0 Likes