message sent time shown is when received, not when sent
lin619
I have a Samsung Stratosphere. When I receive a text message or VM message, it shows the Sent time as the time when I turned on my phone 
and it was delivered, not the time when it was sent. For example, if a message was left at 11pm but my phone was off at that time, and then I turn on my phone at 7am the next day, my phone shows sent time as 7am. This causes confusion when people refer to “today” and “tomorrow” in their messages! 
Is there any setting I can change so this doesn't happen? Thanks!
Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: message sent time shown is when received, not when sent
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello to you Lin619!

That definitely seems a little strange.  I don't want you to be confused about your appointments!

When you're seeing this time stamp, is it in the notification bar or is it in the actual messaging icon?

Are you using a third party app other then the one that came with the phone?

Let me know!  I want to make sure it's working correctly.

Thanks!

MelissaM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
lin619

Melissa,

The time stamp (with wrong time) is shown both places, in the notification bar AND at the bottom of actual messages. I am using whatever messaging app came with the phone-- I just click on the green smiley face "Messaging" icon at the bottom of my home screen to get to the message area.

I'm surprised at your response (you sound as if you've never heard of this issue before), since, after I wrote to Verizon Customer Support about the problem, I googled it and found lots of people with the same issue. Apparently it's an issue with the Android OS. I also found several apps that could be downloaded. I've downloaded SMS Time Fix but I'm not sure yet if it has corrected the issue. What do you recommend? Thanks-- Linda

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi lin619,

Thanks for following up with us. If someone sends you a text or a voicemail while your phone is turned off, the time stamp will only show the time that the actual message was delivered. It's showing the wrong time because the time that the message was delivered was when you turned on your phone. Most phones with Android OS will only show the time that the message was delivered and not the time it was actually sent.

There is no fix for this issue since it's just the way the Android OS works. I hope this information helps clear up any confusion with the time stamp.

Thanks,

NidiaA_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes