Re: message plus text to audio message disable
9ineballer
Enthusiast - Level 3

oh really ann? ok well i appreciate the help but every other messaging app lacks the functionality of message plus . which i have mentioned multiple  times . so if you didnt read what ive written then maybe you shouldnt chime in . that's why im asking for specific names of messaging apps. because so far , all 3rd party  messaging apps are not the solution. doesnt it strike  anyone as odd ,why i would have to move to a different app than the one i use for years. if that is the solution , its a very strange one . but i am willing to make the effort but so far every messaging app sucks . im getting so much more irritated with these issues . the only responses are either  factory reset phone , which will do nothing regarding the problems im experiencing ,or start using a new messaging app, to which i have now installed 4 different ones , none of them were suitable and all lacked functionality im used to . those are my choices . awesome .

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can't provide any recommendations for third party messaging applications because for me and my usage the default non-verizon message application works for my needs. I know I don't have trouble with accidentally creating and send an audio message. In fact if I ever received one if was DELETED from the phone with it being debatable on whether or not I actually listened to it first. I will say the basic application does work for touching the mic in the keyboard and dictating my words into text. Is that not what you want?

There are a number of tech news sites that occasionally compare the various messaging applications available. Other user choose trial and error to find best solution for them. Check the Play Store and read the reviews of the messaging applications there.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

soannoyed187187 wrote:

oh really ann? ok well i appreciate the help but every other messaging app lacks the functionality of message plus . which i have mentioned multiple  times . so if you didnt read what ive written then maybe you shouldnt chime in . that's why im asking for specific names of messaging apps. 

I re-read all of your previous posts. I did not see one mention of any specific functionality that Messages+ provides that others don't. Being that I use Messages+ I can tell you that, aside from it backing up 90 days worth of messages, the only other feature that is I like is that it sends a reply message when connected to my car's blue-tooth. You indicated that you use the speech to text function while driving (a whole separate conversation) so I don't think you care too much about that.

Other apps I liked were, Textra, GoSMS, Google Messages, Handcent SMS and the stock phone application. All of them send and receive messages.

If you are experiencing issues with sending and receiving it is the device and not the app.

I still think that you would do well with a factory reset of the phone.

9ineballer
Enthusiast - Level 3

im not having a problem sending and receiving messages, well some have been late , but im not so concerned with that at the moment . my problem is making an app worse than than it was and were just supposed to accept it . the latest android update as a whole made my phone take a step back in many ways . i hate the way it notifies you of messages now . you can no longer choose what notifications come across the desktop . its either on or off. and it doesnt even read the message anymore . it just says i have a message , taking up the entire screen practically . it used to scroll at the top of the screen to preview the content of a message . that is just one of the many annoyances with this update .i dont like being forced onto changes that are obviously poorly developed and make the phone worse. i dont like the fact that there is nothing anyone can do to help.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

You are right. There is nothing anyone can do about it. Android Marshmallow (6.0) has better notifications and controls than any previous version. To control them go to Settings---Sound & Notification---Notifications----Apps. Here you can set how notifications appear for each application. To disable the 'heads up" notification, turn of Allow Peaking. Not sure if that will go back to the scrolling notification in the stars bar but it will stop the big notifications on the screen. You'll have to do this per app.

I am telling you that the complaints that you have regarding the Messages+ app are all UI updates that have been in place for well over a year. Now, maybe because you're using the Brigadier, Verizon was slower to relate them but I have no way to verify that.

You would get the answers to your questions a heck of a lot faster if you actually post them. It is hard for the community to help you when all of your posts are complaints and contradicting what others say to you.

It is really tedious trying to assist someone in this manner.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm happy to hear you're not having an issue with sending and receiving messages. I know changes to your phone can be good or bad depending on how it was set up previously. I hope the update provided you with some enhancements that work for you also. We do appreciate the feedback and will forward it to the appropriate team.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
sstthompson
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same issue droid turbo ,2 even third party txt messaging software does not work..just says sending when I Txt...they may or may not get the Txt. Or they get it s different day .same marshmallow update....trouble with hooking up to my home wi fi too...never had an issue until this update,,!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Start by going to a corporate store and getting a new SIM card. If that doesn't help you will probably need a factory reset.

0 Likes
Re: message plus text to audio message disable:
ladyhawk1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree totally.  This update is an insult.  The audio text is so disrupting to me and everyone around me.  I also am considering stopping my long standing use of Verizon because of some cog in a wheel sitting in a cubicle thinking up ways to justify their job.  Got to change something to mke them look busy.  Stop it!

ladyhawk1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do you have information on any that would let the user make a decision, like this one should have?

0 Likes