Re: message plus text to audio message disable
9ineballer
Enthusiast - Level 3

maybe your not understanding my problem . the issue im having can not be solved by a system restore as far as i know.   the list of issues im experiencing is long . but the biggest issues are that the latest update has changed the functionality of the phone in a very poor way . does a factory restore convert the phone to the state it was in before the update ? because as far as i know, it cant be done . its not a case of just being buggy . the bugs are just the icing on the cake. im talking about the way i interface with the phone . message plus  has been altered in extremely annoying ways . i tried 3rd party messaging apps . havent found any that work properly . the update has altered so many things on my phone ,for the worse, that its driving me nuts . i dont have the time to keep calling tech support . ive called 3x already and no one can do anything . I want my old system back . i want the phone the way it was before the update . doing a factory reset might fix some of the issues like high battery use and other bugs , but im more concerned with the changes that have been made to message plus and the overall functionality of the phone . so a factory reset is not the answer . why would i factory reset ,if it is going to just give me the same issue im having ?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

OS updates are intended to increase the functionality of the device. If you don't like the new functions, then maybe you should consider a device that is already out of date and will never get any system OS update after your purchase of the device.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Sorry to say but the Messages+ function that you are referring to has been a feature for quite a while. You also have to hold that button or about 2-3 seconds minimum for it to record and send audio. (I am guessing that you are talking about the microphone button next to the text box that turns into the send button when you type). I agree that it is annoying but if your device is sending audio messages without your initiation then there is something wrong that is deeper than Messages+. Maybe a factory reset would help.

0 Likes
9ineballer
Enthusiast - Level 3

thanks ,i just might do that . although i was perfectly happy with my phone the way it was. I understand the need for os updates, but not if they make the phone more annoying to use. if you took your car to get serviced and when you picked it up , all the controls and ignition had all been moved under the seat, and it started using way more gas than before or the battery started dying , how would you feel ? just chalk it up to an update and live with it ? sell the car you loved to buy an older used car? that doesnt even make sense .

9ineballer
Enthusiast - Level 3

i dont care if that feature has been there for awhile . its one of so many annoyances , all of which stem from the upgrade and cannot be fixed by a factory restore. the way notifications apear now - horrible . it used to scroll across the top of the screen and read the text message or email , so i wouldnt have to even check the message . now a giant window covers the screen and simply says "notification "and tells me nothing . and i constantly have to close the window with the word notification on it . also there is a big emoticon right next to the stupid audio text . so now im accidentally sending emoticons to people . and the voice to text triggers in my pocket constantly ,and fills up my phone with recordings. you dont have to hold it for multiple seconds; you simply touch the button and let go of it . ive never heard of anyone sending an audio text . why would they stick that in such a crucial area ? in gmail , i can no longer locate the refresh button . where is it ? also my messages have been coming in with a serious delay . not always just 1 out of 20 or 30 . but atleast once a day ;.i have a list of other gripes  but i guess its pointless. the phone runs hot now and the battery gets drained faster . imagine if you took your car for a service and they put the turn signals under the seat . or put the emergancy brake in the trunk ;. and the car started getting horrible gas mileage and the battery started losing charge . you would just accept it ? i highly doubt that . ill never ever update my phone again for fear of this same thing happening and i want a solution . the phone has had a loss of functionality and its not acceptable . i read forums and many people are unhappy as well. there has to be a way to go back to the old system . if i have to call text support again and nothing gets solved im gonna throw this phone in the trash and say goodbye to verizon.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

It really sounds like you should just take it to a store and have them look at it. You might honestly do well with a factory rest.

The complaints you have regarding how Messages+ is set up are negated by the fact that it has appeared that way for at least a year. At least to me your argument doesn't stand. You are all the sudden having a problem with the UI after it has been that way for such a long time?

There are other messaging apps on the Play store. A plethora of them. You might want to try Textra. It seems to be the simplest UI.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Or disable the Messages+ application and use the default messaging app that came from the manufacturer of the phone. I personally disable the Verizon Messages+ application within minutes of setting up a new phone.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
9ineballer
Enthusiast - Level 3

ok well what messaging app do you use if not message plus . give me a name of one that has all the same features and i will gladly use it . the other verizon messaging program , with the green icon , doesn't work correctly since the update . btw , i only received this update several weeks ago , not a year ago . all of the complaints i have read online are recent ; within a few months . so somehow i doubt it was a year , but i only received it about a week before i started this thread . i have never sent an audio text ,never received an audio text , never heard of anyone sending one or receiving one either . the icon is big and they made voice to text icon tiny to compensate . i use the voice to text when i drive and now find myself having to look for a tiny icon .  anyways if anyone can recommend a messaging app that has the same features as message plus., that would be a step in the right direction . so far ive tried several and they all are missing something important.

0 Likes
9ineballer
Enthusiast - Level 3

im not looking for simple , but i will try your recommendation . as long as it has the functions i use all the time , than we good . most importantly -voice to text .

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The other messaging app is from the manufacturer not Verizon Wireless.

0 Likes