message + app contacts wont show up
i100
Enthusiast - Level 2

Android 4.4.4

Motorola Droid Mini

Hello,

I just started using Verizon Messages on my Droid Mini, and Message+ on my Macbook.

On the desktop everything works OK except that app does not read the contacts. I see only phone numbers. On my phone the app reads my contacts and displays the properly.

Another issue is  that the VZ Cloud app does not sync my contacts. I use Google contacts. "No contacts on your device"

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: message +  app contacts wont show up
Snn5
Legend

Make sure cloud sync is enabled and you have signed into your vzw cloud account on the phone.  You may have to import your contacts into vzw from an exported Google file.  You can export and import from your contacts list on the phone or from your Gmail contacts page.

0 Likes
Re: message + app contacts wont show up
i100
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks Snn5, Cloud syncs my txts, docs, call logs successfully. I did export Google contacts and imported them to VZ Cloud. Still no names are showing up on the desktop app. This manual labor and no names makes the Integrated Messaging service kinda useless...

Re: message +  app contacts wont show up
Snn5
Legend

Yes, I stopped using it a while back myself.  I'm all Google now.

0 Likes
nathanm
Enthusiast - Level 2

The real problem is that they want you to use the verizon cloud to sync you contact but who does that?  Years ago they wanted you to link contact to your google account long before the cloud and google saved them.  Now all my contact are saved on google not the verizon cloud.  All I get is numbers on the desktop app.  Its not worth using if I dont know who is messaging me!  Verizon please fix this and help us use our google contact.

0 Likes
DavidMKE

+1 on this.  Is there any workaround as it sounds like (form other posts) that even using Verizon Cloud for contacts does not definitivly solve it.

0 Likes
KristeenK
Enthusiast - Level 1

+1 on this - I imported the vcards for a few frequently used contacts to Verizon Cloud and its inconsistent when they work with the Messages App on my Windows 10 devices.  I have 4 different devices and sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.  Any fix on this?

0 Likes