halfway

how can I with the phone lost, find it

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: lost phone
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

You could try installing "Android Lost" from the Play Store.

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I Dunno

Not applicable

Tiki, you actually wrote that reply? If the phone is lost how would this poster put in on a lost phone? Ha Ha

The original poster is either trolling or is a kid spoofing since they found the forum.

But your reply cracked me up....I am with B33 on this one 

tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

The software is installed via your computer.  You then can attempt to track your lost phone via the internet or through SMS.  Android Lost is used when folks haven't already installed tracking software.  A review of the app might be beneficial for those not familiar with it.

An alternative is Plan B - Android Apps on Google Play but it doesn't work if your phone has ICS or Jelly Bean.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Ahh sort of the "Find my Phone" on my Apple iPhone and iPad .

I was thinking it has to be loaded on your device first? Otherwise how would it find your device?

And lo and behold it has to be loaded on your phone.

http://www.androidlost.com/  it states it can be done over the net without the phone. As well.

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

I can install apps to my tablet or my phone from the computer via the play store.  Yet my answer to finding a lost phone is that the app has to be installed prior to the loss--and depending on the app, it really doesn't.  On some apps there is set up to do after the install, so it wouldn't function fully.  But if there is an app that you can send to the phone via the play store, and locate the phone that way, that's awesome!

0 Likes
B33
Legend

I'm kind of with that as Well.. b

0 Likes