looking for new phone. which should I get?
kabu

I need a new phone either the Motorola ultra or the Samsung s4. I also am looking at the moto x.which should I get?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: looking for new phone. which should I get?
Klue
Master - Level 1

All the phones you are looking at are excellent, but If you select a phone based only on your question then your will probably fail.  You have to make the decision based on researching each phone for the features you want, then test driving each one at a corporate store. They all have their good features and also not so good features.

Everyone who responds with a piticular phone is probably biased towards it and will tell you all the bad about the others. If you are set on getting a high end phone then don't overlook the HTC One that just released on Verizon.

Good Luck

0 Likes
B33
Legend

Have a Look at the Moto X right now you can only get in black or White but in a Short Time Verizon will be able to offer Moto Maker it's over a At&t now but when it get to Verizon you'll be able to Make the phone you Own Color Wise that is the Case and the Accents around the Camera..another thing with Moto Maker you can customize it with your on Signature.. and Motorola is going to offer Wood back Cases as Well if they offer one in Cedar or Mahogany I'm getting one..

0 Likes
BOBD1950
Contributor - Level 1

Right now one HAS to try the HTC 1 ..in a VZW  store for 10 or so.. minutes and then  use/handle the other 3 you mentioned.

BTW . ..In case you may actually need a phone to receive and make quality  calls.. ( so 2007) ...make sure you actually try to make a call with each to the same person..from the device.

Tell us which ONE you would prefer.

0 Likes
krubby
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you have a chance to post a bit more on your primary uses for the phone it might help.

for example, if you think you will use it a lot for photos, will be taking tons of pictures, I might suggest the Samsung based on what I have read.  I LOVE the look of the new motorola droids, but their cameras traditionally have not been as strong.

on the flip side, if battery life is big for you, the droid MAXX (not listed above, a step up from the ultra you listed) would be a sound choice.

or, if you are like my wife, she wanted something a bit smaller.  just a month or so ago she got the moto droid M.  not in stores not (replaced with droid mini) but she LOVES it. loves the size, loves the weight, does not need the latest and greatest and it works great.

part of me says you really won't go wrong with any of the ones listed above.  my thoughts though are:

samsung galaxy - best choice for pictures.  beast of a phone.  a lot of nice features.  but personally I did not like the look of the plastic as much.  just me.  some people love the phone

droid ultra - I went to verizon store just for kicks today (it is right next to my work) and I looked at the new droids.  they look really nice.  BUT I did not like the back of the droid ultra as much.  pretty slick and plastic like.  BUT if you are putting a case on it, won't matter as much.  I personally would go for the droid maxx instead if you were focusing in on that phone.  BUT it is $299 so price may be an issue. 

HTC One - latest rage at verizon.  for some reason just not loving the phone.  others think it is awesome.  one feature is the stereo speakers.  you may love the look of it, may not

moto X - as stated above, if you can wait, in awhile will be able to design your own colors etc if you are into that.  can get the black (and maybe white?) 16 gb version now.  maybe I have not researched enough, but not 100% sure how the moto x is different than the ultra besides maybe slightly smaller (?).  I will admit I have not really compared both that closely

0 Likes
kabu

this was VERY helpful. thanks. camera is an issue and I would like a really decent camera. so you have helped me make a better decision.,

0 Likes
krubby
Enthusiast - Level 3

Cool.

just to let you know, I just got the Motorola Droid Razr HD about a month ago.  I LOVE it.  and as I stated above, my wife has the Motorola Droid M (basically same phone only smaller) and she really likes it.  If I was buying a phone today I might lean towards the new Droid MAXX but personally I will admit the $299 price tag would give me a bit of a pause.  One reason I got the Droid razr HD when I did is because it was enough phone for what I needed and since they were phasing them out my out the door price was $50 (vs the original $199 price).

BUT I will say, as much as I like the phone, the camera is average at best.  and that is maybe being kind of nice. 

0 Likes
kabu

that is good to know. The camera is important only because I had a great camera on my htc, but I do not like htc so I want to switch. I have heard good things on the Motorola so I am leaning that way, too. thanks

0 Likes
B33
Legend

The Phone I'm going to get is the Moto X So i can Color it the Way i wan't Let's see should i go with KU Red and Blue, Oklahoma State Orange and Black or Just Red and White for OU so many choices Might even go Yellow and Green for the Packers yesssss.. I can't wait for that option to be available on Verizon to make it my Own..

0 Likes
shadokastur
Enthusiast - Level 3

There's a great feature on this site that allows you to compare up to 5 devices at once.

To get to it click on SHOP above.
From there click on 'Smartphones' under Phones & Devices

Next, there will be a small box in the left corner just above the manufacturer filters that will have a 'Compare Now' button.  Click on that, then 'Add Device' and you will be able to choose 5 phones to compare.  The Moto X is not listed yet but you will have the ability to pick all the others in which you are interested.

Something that may help your decision is the Motorola Droid Ultra does not support an SD memory card. (this is a deal-breaker for me)

0 Likes