lollipop update
railcar79
Enthusiast - Level 2

Anyone know how I can stop this annoying update popup?  I made the mistake last time of installing the software, I got a replacement phone and I have no intent to install the virus known as lollipop to my phone.  I want the popup to go away

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: lollipop update
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
railcar79
We want you to be happy with your device! Like GalaxyClass said, there is no way to stop this update from popping up on your phone and I do apologize for that. This update should improve your phone. Take a look at the benefits of the Software update being released http://vz.to/1BiGZYk .

JorgeO_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
GalaxyClass
Master - Level 1

Can't be done without voiding any warranty or insurance you may have, and DO NOT tap UPDATE !    

0 Likes
railcar79
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am tempted to say screw the warranty and unlock it.  Otherwise I get a popup every 10-15 mins

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
railcar79
We want you to be happy with your device! Like GalaxyClass said, there is no way to stop this update from popping up on your phone and I do apologize for that. This update should improve your phone. Take a look at the benefits of the Software update being released http://vz.to/1BiGZYk .

JorgeO_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
railcar79
Enthusiast - Level 2

No offense, but do you even use the S5?  My wife and I got identical phones the same day.  Her phone has all the upgrades, mine does not.  My phone works, hers does not.  I will not update because of the irreparable damage it does to the usability.

gawnkrazee
Enthusiast - Level 1

When should improvement start? My phone was  fine until I installed this morning. Now error messages, everything running slow, been charging over 3 hours and only up to 30%.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
gawnkrazee,

I am sorry to hear of the many issues after the update. What exact error messages are you receiving? Is the phone running slow in particular applications? Are you using the factory charger to charge the device?

LindseyT_VZW
0 Likes
LGMANIAC
Enthusiast - Level 2

YOU NEED TO GIVE THE UPDATE SOME TIME, THE PHONE NEEDS TO OPTIMIZE ITSELF DO A COMPLETE POWER CYCLE. POWER THE PHONE OFF LEAVE IT OFF FOR 5 MINUTES AND THEN TURN IT BACK ON. I HAVE THE LG G2 THAT JUST GOT UPGRADED TO 5.0.2 AND I AS WELL HAD SOME SNAGS BUT AFTER A FEW POWER CYCLES AND A DAY  OR TWO THE PHONE WORKS JUST AS GOOD AS BEFORE. THE PROBLEM WITH THE PHONES GOING FROM 4.4 TO 5.0 IS THE MANDATORY SWITCH FROM THE PROVEN DALVIK RUNTIME TO THE MOSTLY COMMERCIALLY UNPROVEN ART RUNTIME . THE DIFFERENCES IS THAT DALVIK MAKES THE CPU PROCESS BOOT UP OF EACH APP EACH TIME YOU USE IT - ART USES SLIGHTLY MORE MEMORY TO SPEED UP THE RUNNING OF APPS BECAUSE IT WILL USE THAT PREVIOUS BOOT INFO TO KEEP TRACK OF HOW TO OPEN THE APP ALREADY. WITH THAT SAID GIVE IT A CHANCE AND REBOOT THE PHONE ONCE PER DAY FOR FIVE MINUTES

0 Likes